cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Citi credit application experiences to share?

tag
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Any Citi credit application experiences to share?

I have done about as much as I can right now to improve my credit scores.   I have some baddies (CO's) left with balances, but I can not afford to PIF and probably will not be able to before the SOL is up on them anyway (the most CO is from 5 years ago).  I am to the point where the best way to improve my credit is to get more credit and use it wisely.  Therefore, I am trying really hard to find a reasonable credit card to apply for, especially since a recent policy change at work will require me to pay for my own travel expenses, for which I will get reimbursed for later (the corporate card that I previously had access to no longer exists due to a recent merger).

Since I have had baddies with bascially every CCC out there, I am having a difficult time even though my Ficos have reached the mid to upper 600 level now.  The only CCC I have not had a baddie with is Citibank.  I had one CC with them that was paid and closed about 6 years ago, and I have had a student loan with them for almost 5 years now and have never been late.  It looks like they may be my best shot, but I have a feeling they will still reject me when they see the unpaid baddies that remain on my CR's.

Does anyone have any application experiences to share with Citi?  I have checked whogavemecredit, and there seems to be some promise since there have been some scores similar to mine that were gettting approvals.  I don't know what kind of baddies these people had, though.  Also, it seems that most of the time, they were pulling EQ, which is my best score at 680, but I didn't see many in my region (Wisconsin), so I don't know what the odds are of them pulling EQ for me.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any Citi credit application experiences to share?

From what I’ve read, citi has been pulling EX more lately...and in some cases, also pulling EQ. I’ve read they’re fairly sensitive to inquiries.

Message 2 of 3
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Re: Any Citi credit application experiences to share?

Thanks, good to know.  My EX score isn't too bad either at 627 a month ago (probably a little higher now), but there are more baddies than EQ.  As long as they stay away from TU--if they pull TU, I may as well just wave the white flag--my ex-wife's med bills are all on TU and destroying that score.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.