cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Credit Cards that pull TransUnion ONLY???

tag
Mavericks057

Re: Any Credit Cards that pull TransUnion ONLY???

What is the shopping cart trick? 

Message 21 of 43
xautodetail
Regular Contributor

not dicovery pull equafax for me in TN

Message 22 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays does normally pull TU, but be warned, sometimes they do double pull. When I got my Sallie Mae, they pulled both TU and EX. And in fact, on the letter they sent me with my card, they specifically mention pulling my EX report (but yes, they also did pull TU.) However, you might be ok because I think the reason they double pulled is because my TU score was much lower than yours.

Message 23 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to this website, put in your state and select TransUnion. See what banks come up. Then if you are curious to see if that particular institution pulls other bureaus go back and search for the bank. 

{Links to that website are not allowed-MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator}

But generally speaking, Barclay's is a safe choice. Go for the 50k US airways miles while you can Smiley Wink

Message 24 of 43
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@MACFRME wrote:

Compass Bank exclusively pulls TU. They just approved me for a $15,000 card. I have a thin file, lots of new accounts, and they more than tripled my highest credit limit. They saw my recently raised TU FICO of 762 and jumped at it. They might offer you a decent CL with your current scores, but the rewards aren't that great. It depends on what you prerogative is.

I've been with compass for about 3 years now. There is a caveat to your statement, they are looking for a certain level of income, to get approved for their cards, regardless if your report is clean or not.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 25 of 43
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Diners Club.  Anecdotally pulls only TransUnion.

In theory, lenders can pull from any of the credit bureaus. There are, however, some exclusive lenders that pull only one bureau.  To say that no lenders do is incorrect.

IberiaBank pulls Experian exclusively.  So does my local credit union (local as in Colorado-statewide).  All applications are manually reviewed by both.  Even if there is a freeze on an Experian report, they will not pull from another CB.  They will request an "unfreeze".  I know this first hand with both.  Had to unfreeze my EX before either would proceed with an application. 

Message 26 of 43
ddemari
Super Contributor

Fifth third bank pulls TU Fico 04 at least for their cash rewards wmc. Some poeple have lower 04 FICO's but for me my 04 FICO is great. 53 can be conservative but if you have a decent FICO they are TU pullers. 

When I was approved for my Chase Sapphire card last year (which is no longer available) they pulled only TU. For my Chase Sapphire Preferred I got a TU and EX pull. 

Barclays has always been a TU pull for me.. SallieMae, Arrival +, U.S. Airways and Apple

BOA is an EX pull for new accounts and has always been a TU pull for CLI increase

Neiman Marcus store card is a TU puller 

Saks Fifth Avenue MasterCard is also a TU puller

US Bank Flex Perks Cash Rewards was a TU FICO 04 puller for me but they are UBER conservative and denied me with a 745 FICO for too many new accounts. 

Message 27 of 43
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

Fifth third bank pulls TU Fico 04 at least for their cash rewards wmc. Some poeple have lower 04 FICO's but for me my 04 FICO is great. 53 can be conservative but if you have a decent FICO they are TU pullers. 

When I was approved for my Chase Sapphire card last year (which is no longer available) they pulled only TU. For my Chase Sapphire Preferred I got a TU and EX pull. 

Barclays has always been a TU pull for me.. SallieMae, Arrival +, U.S. Airways and Apple

BOA is an EX pull for new accounts and has always been a TU pull for CLI increase

Neiman Marcus store card is a TU puller 

Saks Fifth Avenue MasterCard is also a TU puller

US Bank Flex Perks Cash Rewards was a TU FICO 04 puller for me but they are UBER conservative and denied me with a 745 FICO for too many new accounts. 

Neimans, Saks, and USBANK all pulled EQ for me in CA and Chase pulled EX for me for all my apps and when I tried to recon 1 I got a 2nd pull on TU.

Message 28 of 43
BoredExcited
Established Member

I just got approved for the Barclay's Apple Rewards card with a $2,000 limit. I am good right .

Transunion is my clean report. I am still waiting for deletion from Equifax/Experian of a couple of baddies that have already been deleted from Transunion.

Also what about CLI?

Message 29 of 43
ddemari
Super Contributor

@BoredExcited wrote:

I just got approved for the Barclay's Apple Rewards card with a $2,000 limit. I am good right .

Transunion is my clean report. I am still waiting for deletion from Equifax/Experian of a couple of baddies that have already been deleted from Transunion.

Also what about CLI?

Are you asking who uses transunion for a cli or if you can request a cli on your just approved apple card? From my experience, Barclays will pull TU for app and cli and Bank of America has always pulled TU for cli. In addition, Synch bank uses TU for their cli's. 

If you want your just approved apple card with a higher limit call the back door analyst number at barclays and they will use the same report they used to approve your card. Just be ready to explain anything to them that they might find questionable. With the apple card its really easy to state your purpose of needing a higher limit, the computer costs x amount. If this is your first barclay card and your credit score is below 680, they will want to see 6 months of experience before giving you more credit but they might give you another 500 dollars. 

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.