cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Credit card companys that pull Experian only?

tag
keikdasneak
Regular Contributor

Any Credit card companys that pull Experian only?

My Experian score just jumped to a 674 FICO "Checked by local credit union" Curious if any credit card companys pull Experian only?

I live in California.

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Any Credit card companys that pull Experian only?

American Express only pulls Experian and they do their own evaluation, rather than use FICO score.

Message 2 of 13
tiger67
Regular Contributor

Addison Avenue FCU

American Express may pull more than Experian if they don't like what they find.

Message 3 of 13
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Very true.. Amex pulled all 3 when I app'd with them 

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 4 of 13
ALP
New Contributor

Chase pulls EX in my state (GA) but I think they are known to pull from the other two if you have EX frozen.

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 676
TU: 678
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 13
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@keikdasneak wrote:

My Experian score just jumped to a 674 FICO "Checked by local credit union" Curious if any credit card companys pull Experian only?

I live in California.

Thanks

I live in Calif too.  US Bank pulled EX for me.  Good luck to you.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 6 of 13
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Citi often pulls EX.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ...so does a Experian 712 score get me a Plum Amer X or any other

Message 8 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

kelkdasneak and GAG, can I ask where you got your Experian scores?

Experian stopped allowing consumers to buy our own EX FICO scores on 2/13/2009. You can only find out what your EX FICO when you app for a mortgage (a bit drastic), or if you belong to a specific credit union in Pennsylvania (PSECU) or a handful of other banks that give your score on your statements. Even then, you have to read their fine print to confirm that it's a FICO score.

Otherwise, any Experian "credit score" that you see is a non-FICO score, aka a FAKO. There isn't a reliable conversion formula to compare them to FICO's, and the score ranges on FAKO formulas vary greatly, so a 720 on one could be better (or worse) than a 720 on another, and neither has anything to do with a 720 EX FICO.

As for who pulls what, this does vary by where you live and your overall credit picture, but in my experience, BofA and American Express each pulled Experian. Sometimes, when a lender pulls a report, if something looks a little odd, they'll go ahead and pull another, or even both the others. And then CapOne, of course, pulls all three, just because they can. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 13
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

kelkdasneak and GAG, can I ask where you got your Experian scores?

Experian stopped allowing consumers to buy our own EX FICO scores on 2/13/2009. You can only find out what your EX FICO when you app for a mortgage (a bit drastic), or if you belong to a specific credit union in Pennsylvania (PSECU) or a handful of other banks that give your score on your statements. Even then, you have to read their fine print to confirm that it's a FICO score.

Otherwise, any Experian "credit score" that you see is a non-FICO score, aka a FAKO. There isn't a reliable conversion formula to compare them to FICO's, and the score ranges on FAKO formulas vary greatly, so a 720 on one could be better (or worse) than a 720 on another, and neither has anything to do with a 720 EX FICO.

As for who pulls what, this does vary by where you live and your overall credit picture, but in my experience, BofA and American Express each pulled Experian. Sometimes, when a lender pulls a report, if something looks a little odd, they'll go ahead and pull another, or even both the others. And then CapOne, of course, pulls all three, just because they can. Smiley Tongue

Don't know about GAG but Kelkdasneak stated their local credit union gave him the score. I'm assuming that is probably a true FICO? I could be wrong.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.