Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Good Bank + Broker Mile Offers?

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Any Good Bank + Broker Mile Offers?

The Fidelity bonus is dead.  The BankDirect is not even attractive.  Just wonder what is left out there.  Want to earn United and AA miles.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Any Good Bank + Broker Mile Offers?

Dang. I've been churning that Fidelity promo and was approaching my next round. The best promo I've seen for $100k and under.

I'm only aware of cash/trade promos. I've heard Citi does some TY promos at times, but I don't know the details/when then run/if the TYs can become miles. Even then, you'd need to use an alliance partner's award chart.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 5
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

That Fidelity kinda p's'd me off.  I had a lot $$ there, but it won't give me any free trades and I had to ask for them.  And they were giving away 50k miles to new $$.  Better way to treat customer??

Still searching for better ways to make a few Ks miles.

Message 3 of 5
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

That Fidelity kinda p's'd me off.  I had a lot $$ there, but it won't give me any free trades and I had to ask for them.  And they were giving away 50k miles to new $$.  Better way to treat customer??

Fidelity doesn't charge an outgoing partial ACAT fee. What I would do was just move some assets out, wait a few weeks or months as the promo required, and bring them back.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 5
NRB525
Super Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

I have gotten a couple of spend bonus offers on my Second Citi AA card. The most recent is during Oct, Nov, Dec, spend at least $300 in the month on Dining, groceries, and a vague “other purchases” category and get 1,000 AA miles for that month. So 3,000 additional AA miles for the three months. 

There was a slightly different promo mid-year this year, on the same card, I think it worked out to 3 miles for some category set like that, up to 2,500 bonus miles if I recall correctly. 

Each of these was a mailed paper paper letter promo, and has a similar basis as about four 5% Bonus promos I have gotten on my Diamond Preferred Card over the years. It is one of the fun surprises with Citi. 

Edit to add my Citi philosophy: For the the record I have two Citi AA cards, got 50k bonus on each, in 2015 and early 2016 when that was still a thing. My understanding is it is no longer available. I keep paying the AF on both, my logic being the first card gets me a $14k BT Card, so the $95 is part of the BT fees I pay, while the second card of $13k is for regular spend when building AA miles. The little promos they send me for the second card help defray the cost of the second AF. Each Citi card has also been getting low APR spend offers, 1.99% to 6.99% over 6 to 8 months, and I always sign up / take advantage of these, even if it is to carry a $300 Balance for two months on a 6.99% rate. I believe by taking these offers over the years, it has seeded more offers from them. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.