cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Luck With The "New" CapOne Luv Button?

tag
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Re: Any Luck With The "New" CapOne Luv Button?

When I tried last week I got denied as I need to wait 6 mos from my last increase (was the steps increase from 300 --> 500 in April).  So I'll try again in October.

Just something I read in the other threads...  some people who tried pre- 6/28 (when it started even though the button was there before 6/28), tried again post 6/28 and got an increase.  Whoever said they hit it on 6/24 might want tp try again.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 41 of 53
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

My account type isn't eligible. They waited a week after I hit the button to send that and it was in digital from on my cap1 login page. I have the MTV Rewards VISA (a card they no longer offer) Maybe I'd have better luck applying for the quicksliver card.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 42 of 53
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

I have a $4K CL with Cap1 and use all of it every other month so there is substantial usage. 

I would use it more but have to watch my purchases due to always running up against the limit.

I am almost positive by card is not eligible for a CLI but thought I would try. 

I feel confident I could get another card with a higher limit but I will not pay the high price they want for their cards, a 3 pull inquiry.

I am going to check now to see if they have sent me a message regarding my request Smiley Very Happy

Message 43 of 53
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I tried a couple of days ago on my $500 plat. MC, 7-10 day msg. The document showed up last night, denied because my card is less than 6 mos. old. It's about 2 weeks shy of 6 months. Anyway, it also included an EQ score from MAY 23. MAY? Why May, Cap 1 softs me on either EQ and/or TU at least once a month, and there are several softs newer than than 23. I thought that was odd.
Message 44 of 53
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Declined for too many recent inquiries. If it's not one (stupid)  thing, it's another. I really hate CapOne. 

Message 45 of 53
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Approved for $500 increase on my capone/Mastercard to bring my new CL to $2000.  Card has a zero balance and hasn't been used in six months.

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 46 of 53
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@Countingpennies wrote:
I tried a couple of days ago on my $500 plat. MC, 7-10 day msg. The document showed up last night, denied because my card is less than 6 mos. old. It's about 2 weeks shy of 6 months. Anyway, it also included an EQ score from MAY 23. MAY? Why May, Cap 1 softs me on either EQ and/or TU at least once a month, and there are several softs newer than than 23. I thought that was odd.

Backin March I called to request a CLI and they HP'ed me, and declined.  The letter referenced my score from Feb...  a rep told me that they will use whatever report they already have pulled in the last 60 days.  So, whatever, but don't HP me then!  I was incredible pissed, as they also said it would be a SP.  This had been with their reg cust service number before I tried the EO.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 47 of 53
ginger1477
Regular Contributor

Just tried it like twenty minutes ago and got 500.  That was only an addition to 750 though but more than i expected.  Thought I'd try to request on a couple cards since I noticed target went from 200 to 900 all by itself.  I use the Capital One a lot, sometimes going within a 100 of the limit but I always pay it off if anyone is wondering.

Capital One Quicksilver: 14k * Alliant: 4k * BoA: 6k * Discover 5k * Best Buy Visa: 10k * Amex BCE: 7k, Amex Everyday: 1k * Target RedCard: 9k * Walmart: 10k * Citi 2k * Care Credit: 10k
Message 48 of 53
Mvpbowler
Contributor

Thanks to everyone on the boards here. Very new to the forum here and been doing a lot of extensive research about credit and such. Didn't know anything about the LUV  button. I have had 2 cards with them and only had 1 CLI within the last 2 years. Didn't really think much about it as I don't use it like crazy. I went to the request a CLI for both and they gave me $500 on each. Sweet deal. Glad I came on here and was doing some reading. Thansk everyone, good luck to anyone else trying it!!

Message 49 of 53
TerribleTowel
Established Member

Brought me from 500 to 1250 iirc.  A nice little bump for a sp.

AMEX BCP (5.5K) - USAA AMEX (10K) - USAA PLAT STUDENT (1K) - NFCU FLAGSHIP VISA (17K) - CSP (5K) - HD (8250) - CAP1 (1250) - PP (1.5K) - USBANK (600)
OUT TO THE GARDEN: 7/27/13
Message 50 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.