cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any NFCU CC offers before your checking/savings was funded?

tag
TilltedBrim
Regular Contributor

Any NFCU CC offers before your checking/savings was funded?

I just applied for a new checking and savings account and was told to call and check status in three business days or so.  The primary reason for joining is to app for a CC in the near future.  My understanding is that you have to mail them a check or certified funds in order to fund your new checking/savings account.  Has anyone received any CC offers before their account was actually funded?  That would be a nice scenario seeing that I have to mail a check all the way from Kandahar, Afghanistan... Thank you

After falling off the wagon while in the garden... And going 2 for 4 on a drapping spree I've finally received my coveted Discover More. And now I'll limp back to the garden.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Any NFCU CC offers before your checking/savings was funded?

I applied online and funded my account with an electronic ACH payment ~ didn't have to mail a check.

It seems to take them a day or two to setup your account and on~line access, so I wouldn't expect any "offers" before that occurs.    But I wouldn't let that stop you from applying for a CC once you are established.    They are great with approvals...

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
TilltedBrim
Regular Contributor

Thank you....

After falling off the wagon while in the garden... And going 2 for 4 on a drapping spree I've finally received my coveted Discover More. And now I'll limp back to the garden.
Message 3 of 5
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

The same day that my checking/savings account was approved I went onto my online account and had a pre-approval offer for the cash rewards card.  I applied immediately and was approved the next day before any money was deposited in either account.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

ive been a member for over 8 months now and have never gotten an offer from them. that didnt stop me from applying and getting approved though. i think you have a greater chance recieving offers from them if you set up direct deposit with them and using your checking account

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.