Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Reason Not to App for Discover?

tag
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any Reason Not to App for Discover?

As nice as the $6000 CL is, the 12.99% APR is quite an achievement for me, too.  My lowest APR card is still my BB&T Platinum Visa at 11.15% or somesuch craziness; the others are all 17 to 23%.  Needless to say, I'm delighted!  Thanks for the recon information, y'all!

Message 31 of 50
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@steve23111 wrote:

As nice as the $6000 CL is, the 12.99% APR is quite an achievement for me, too.  My lowest APR card is still my BB&T Platinum Visa at 11.15% or somesuch craziness; the others are all 17 to 23%.  Needless to say, I'm delighted!  Thanks for the recon information, y'all!

My PSECU Visa has 9.9 APR, you should have better than that with 800 scores!! I'd be calling!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 32 of 50
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@steve23111 wrote:

My PSECU Visa has 9.9 APR, you should have better than that with 800 scores!! I'd be calling!!

Remember, my BK7 just fell off my records in May.  I was stunned when BB&T approved me at that low APR about two years ago, and am still convinced their computer system and/or credit analyst was smoking something.  It was, however, by far the most thorough application process I've ever gone through, just barely stopping short of requiring I mail in a blood sample.  Otherwise, all of my other cards-- including three AMEX cards (Zync, BCP, and Clear) and my GE PayPal MC-- were acquired with the BK7 on the record and having burned AMEX in the BK.  Besides, none of those cards offer low APR's to begin with.  My score went up by about 100 points when the BK fell off, so this Chase Freedom is my first approval since the BK came off my records.

Message 33 of 50
gettnthere
Established Contributor

CONGRATS!!! i knew you were gonna get it. i WISH i had your limit. mine is missing that last 0 lolSmiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 34 of 50
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

CONGRATS!!! i knew you were gonna get it. i WISH i had your limit. mine is missing that last 0 lolSmiley Wink

Thanks! Now, I wonder if they will issue a standard Visa or if this will be a Visa Signature card given the credit limit is over $5000?
Message 35 of 50
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@steve23111 wrote:

But PSECU is a credit union, and credit union tends to have lower APR. A 12.9% from Chase is very good already.

Message 36 of 50
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@steve23111 wrote:

But PSECU is a credit union, and credit union tends to have lower APR. A 12.9% from Chase is very good already.

12.99% is the lowest APR offered on the Chase Freedom.

Message 37 of 50
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@steve23111 wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@steve23111 wrote:

12.99% is the lowest APR offered on the Chase Freedom.

You can get it even lower once you have some experiences with the card and call in.

Message 38 of 50
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

@steve23111 wrote:

@gettnthere wrote:

Thanks! Now, I wonder if they will issue a standard Visa or if this will be a Visa Signature card given the credit limit is over $5000?

Received the card today.  Standard Visa.

Message 39 of 50
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I don't know what the criteria is for the VIsa Signature, but clearly it is not just the credit limit. My limit when approved was $8k, and mine is a regular Visa.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.