Any Recent Alliant Info?

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Any Recent Alliant Info?

@Kenny wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Kenny wrote:
I've been disappointed with Alliant after having it opened for over a year now. (DCU worked out to be a way better option for a CU and I'll probably close Alliant within the next year.)
Alliant has been fine for me , but i only use it for checking and savings account. They offer some of the best rates out there. .90% for savings and .67% for checking is an lot better than a majority of the options out there. I don't use CU for mortgage or auto loans so its not that big of an deal for me. As far as CC goes i don't usually use CU for that prupose I have Everyday preferred and CSP for almost all of my purchases

I think DCU's savings rate is pretty good, but don't quote me on it. Those little rates don't interest me at all. (I just think there are bigger attributes to consider as pros. (However, I completely understand where you're coming from. They just aren't that applicable to me, I guess is how I feel.)  

Is Alliant your primary checking/savings? Just curious. Smiley Happy

checking yes because there are no other banks i know of that has interest on their checking account. Savings I have ally and alliant, both are fine for me. They are for short term savings, since most money i have is put into my IRA. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 11 of 23
core
Valued Contributor

Consumers CU pays 3.09% on checking.  Plenty of others pay 2+%.  Yes, they all have gotchas to try to trip you up, but it's easy to stay on top of it.

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Consumer checking sounds interesting.
Message 13 of 23
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

I tried opening a alliant credit card then I get an email asking me to call them? Anyone had this happen and know what they usually ask for

Message 14 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ThriftySaver wrote:

I tried opening a alliant credit card then I get an email asking me to call them? Anyone had this happen and know what they usually ask for

most likely to tell you they need income verificaiton.

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use alliant (Chicago branch is realtively local to me) as my secondary checking account. Their online banking is a bit clunky, but the check deposit by photo works flawlessly for me. I get a significant amount of small checks (read 15-200 bucks) because I am a secret shopper for several companies. No problems with alliant checking or savings. I have my share secured loan through them as well. Whatever weird EQ score they pull must favor thin files as mine is actually higher than any of the scores listed on my most recent full pull here. I do not have any credit products with Alliant currently beyond the SS loan. I will likely take them up on something as soon as I close on my house (June 29th) as they keep offering me some nice deals. Some of them may well be geographical however. I get some sort of mailer from them basically weekly. A good friend of mine who also uses them and is very close on scores and accounts doesn't get them and he is one town over from me (my town is listed in their able to apply without joining an organization, his is not.)

Message 16 of 23
Ron1
Super Contributor

@ThriftySaver wrote:

They might need to verify your ID.

Ron.

Message 17 of 23
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I closed my Alliant credit card. Worst credit mistake I've ever made. There was absolutely no value in opening the card from them. It never grew. There were never any pre-approvals. Even when dealing with them, it was a pain in the butt. It was like phone tag, and when I did speak to someone it was pointless. I will not ever open a CC with them again. Did I tell you how I really feel? Smiley Very Happy lol
Message 18 of 23
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I use alliant (Chicago branch is realtively local to me) as my secondary checking account. Their online banking is a bit clunky, but the check deposit by photo works flawlessly for me. I get a significant amount of small checks (read 15-200 bucks) because I am a secret shopper for several companies. No problems with alliant checking or savings. I have my share secured loan through them as well. Whatever weird EQ score they pull must favor thin files as mine is actually higher than any of the scores listed on my most recent full pull here. I do not have any credit products with Alliant currently beyond the SS loan. I will likely take them up on something as soon as I close on my house (June 29th) as they keep offering me some nice deals. Some of them may well be geographical however. I get some sort of mailer from them basically weekly. A good friend of mine who also uses them and is very close on scores and accounts doesn't get them and he is one town over from me (my town is listed in their able to apply without joining an organization, his is not.)

VantageScore 3.0

        
Message 19 of 23
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Kenny wrote:
I closed my Alliant credit card. Worst credit mistake I've ever made. There was absolutely no value in opening the card from them. It never grew. There were never any pre-approvals. Even when dealing with them, it was a pain in the butt. It was like phone tag, and when I did speak to someone it was pointless. I will not ever open a CC with them again. Did I tell you how I really feel? Smiley Very Happy lol

Weird.  Mine grew from $500 and the worst interest rate to $17K and the best interest rate in a year.  They run double points specials all the time too.  Granted, the rewards pretty much suck, but at least you can do account credits with them.        

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.