Did you mean: 

Any Recent Alliant Info?

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any Recent Alliant Info?

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@Kenny wrote:
I closed my Alliant credit card. Worst credit mistake I've ever made. There was absolutely no value in opening the card from them. It never grew. There were never any pre-approvals. Even when dealing with them, it was a pain in the butt. It was like phone tag, and when I did speak to someone it was pointless. I will not ever open a CC with them again. Did I tell you how I really feel? Smiley Very Happy lol

Weird.  Mine grew from $500 and the worst interest rate to $17K and the best interest rate in a year.  They run double points specials all the time too.  Granted, the rewards pretty much suck, but at least you can do account credits with them.        

I never used it, guess that could be a good reason why! Smiley Happy Nice growth!

Message 21 of 23
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

As I already have a savings and checking account with them, they need to verify id too? I requested a low creditline but they still need to verify income?

Message 22 of 23
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@ThriftySaver wrote:

As I already have a savings and checking account with them, they need to verify id too? I requested a low creditline but they still need to verify income?

I remember them asking me to call them when I simply clicked on the credit card app.  The rep just filled out an app on the phone with me and I got a car loan as well as a CC out of it.  Granted, this was 5 years ago, but their credit card app is notoriously wonky.            

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.