Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Recent Alliant Info?

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Any Recent Alliant Info?

I searched and haven't seen much info posted about Alliant CU lately. I know they pull EQ and will sometimes give a pre-approval right away. A few years ago I had an acct with Continental Federal CU that got charged off. Since Alliant bought CFCU I have been reluctant. How forgiving is Alliant?
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any Recent Alliant Info?

Bump

Message 2 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I never had luck iwth them back in the years when they were the boom on the boards... they pull a very ugly EQ scoring model.

They show both EQ score models to members but the one they use to approve products is usually about 100 points lower than any EQ I see elsewhere and neither are Fico!

so it's just a loss loss in my books and I never bother!

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

I never had luck iwth them back in the years when they were the boom on the boards... they pull a very ugly EQ scoring model.

They show both EQ score models to members but the one they use to approve products is usually about 100 points lower than any EQ I see elsewhere and neither are Fico!

so it's just a loss loss in my books and I never bother!

Probably the same NASTY EQ score that BB&T uses. How do you get 592 out of ~680 EQ04

Message 4 of 23
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

CA,

Thanks for the info. I think I saw some of your posts from the old threads. I won't bother with Alliant.
Message 5 of 23
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Alliant doesn't do sp pre approvals anymore I think. You have to get hard pulled for application. I get offers from them all the time since I have checking and savings

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 6 of 23
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I've been disappointed with Alliant after having it opened for over a year now. (DCU worked out to be a way better option for a CU and I'll probably close Alliant within the next year.)
Message 7 of 23
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Kenny wrote:
I've been disappointed with Alliant after having it opened for over a year now. (DCU worked out to be a way better option for a CU and I'll probably close Alliant within the next year.)
Alliant has been fine for me , but i only use it for checking and savings account. They offer some of the best rates out there. .90% for savings and .67% for checking is an lot better than a majority of the options out there. I don't use CU for mortgage or auto loans so its not that big of an deal for me. As far as CC goes i don't usually use CU for that prupose I have Everyday preferred and CSP for almost all of my purchases

Message 8 of 23
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Kenny wrote:
Alliant has been fine for me , but i only use it for checking and savings account. They offer some of the best rates out there. .90% for savings and .67% for checking is an lot better than a majority of the options out there. I don't use CU for mortgage or auto loans so its not that big of an deal for me. As far as CC goes i don't usually use CU for that prupose I have Everyday preferred and CSP for almost all of my purchases

I think DCU's savings rate is pretty good, but don't quote me on it. Those little rates don't interest me at all. (I just think there are bigger attributes to consider as pros. (However, I completely understand where you're coming from. They just aren't that applicable to me, I guess is how I feel.)  

Is Alliant your primary checking/savings? Just curious. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 23
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Kenny wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

I think DCU's savings rate is pretty good, but don't quote me on it. Those little rates don't interest me at all. (I just think there are bigger attributes to consider as pros. (However, I completely understand where you're coming from. They just aren't that applicable to me, I guess is how I feel.)  

Is Alliant your primary checking/savings? Just curious. Smiley Happy

checking yes because there are no other banks i know of that has interest on their checking accou

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.