Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

Any Recent Sears Upgrades?

Got a letter in the mail today that Sears wants to upgrade our store card to the MC version.  From what I can tell, they're almost the same.  Most importantly to us, it looks like we will still be eligible for 0% type offers with the MC.  Has anyone been upgraded lately?  Did it come with a CLI by any chance?

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 766. MyFICO TU: ---. DCU EQ: 741. PSECU EX: 756.
Frequent Contributor
BigDaddy18

Re: Any Recent Sears Upgrades?

I have a bad taste in my mouth from Sears card!  Do you mind shareing your APR?

Starting Score: EQ FICO 777
Current Score: EQ FICO 803
Goal Score: EQ FICO 810

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Frequent Contributor
Mike360

They told me a couple months back when i requested a credit limit increase that I would have to apply for it. Got a $200 CLI..what a waste of a hard pull.

~~In my wallet: Best Buy $7500, Dell Preferred $5500, Discover IT $4000, Chase Freedom $3500, Barclays NFL Extra Points $3300, Sears $2800, Bill Me Later $2100, CapOne Platinum $2000, Kohls $1500, Target $200
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

BigDaddy18 wrote:

What don't you like about it?  It's 25.24%.  That's what the new card will have too, I think.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

Mike360 wrote:

They told me a couple months back when i requested a credit limit increase that I would have to apply for it. Got a $200 CLI..what a waste of a hard pull.

Blah!  Definitely won't waste the time then!

Frequent Contributor
BigDaddy18

laz98 wrote:

BigDaddy18 wrote:

What don't you like about it?  It's 25.24%.  That's what the new card will have too, I think.

I will of course start out by saying that it's really my fault for over extending myself when I was younger and got the card back in 93'.  The main reason I don't care for their card is because of the APR's.  I don't know of too many people that have low APR's on this card and really this is how they make their money on most people.  I know for a fact that their are much more reasonable cards out their like the ones I have now but again the SEARS card is just not a very good card in my humble opinion.

Starting Score: EQ FICO 777
Current Score: EQ FICO 803
Goal Score: EQ FICO 810

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

BigDaddy18 wrote:

laz98 wrote:

BigDaddy18 wrote:

I will of course start out by saying that it's really my fault for over extending myself when I was younger and got the card back in 93'.  The main reason I don't care for their card is because of the APR's.  I don't know of too many people that have low APR's on this card and really this is how they make their money on most people.  I know for a fact that their are much more reasonable cards out their like the ones I have now but again the SEARS card is just not a very good card in my humble opinion.

Yeah, I've kind of accepted that store cards are not going to have stellar APRs.  The ones that I can use for 0% offers, I do, & I try not to use them for anything else.  I won't lie & say I never do, though.  The store cards that we have that don't have those kinds of offers, we just try not to use or run up.

We got this card when we were shopping for a freezer.  To be honest, I didn't think we would get it, but we did.  Haven't used it since we paid it off, though.  I was pretty surprised they even offered to upgrade it!  We got it in March 2011, & paid it off in February 2012.  I guess it hasn't been as long as I thought!

Established Contributor
CruzImperial

Is there any way to apply for the citi MC online?

NOT for me though! lol

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

i think you can apply for both online.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+