cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Success with Recons When Denied for Too Many Inquiries?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Success with Recons When Denied for Too Many Inquiries?

Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone had any success with recons when their denial reason was for too many inquiries. If so, what explanation did you use for the inquiries? What bank, CCC did you have success with? On my app spree a week and a half ago, I was denied for some cards...about 5. So far, I've had successful recons with two. The other CCCs denied me strictly for too many inqs--Barclays, UMB and US Bank. I figured I have a wasted inq; I might as well try to recon and get approved.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any Success with Recons When Denied for Too Many Inquiries?

The only really plausible one I can come up with is if you have a slew of mortgage or auto inquiries on your report that for some reason were being counted multiple times (it could happen easily): that would be easy to recon away, usually because there's going to be a tradeline established right about that time too which probably is recognizable as a mortgage or auto loan.  I would certainly recon in my case with a new auto loan back in Dec '11 if I was denied for too many inquiries.

Beyond that, any inquiry is legitimately seeking new credit, and realistically even one inquiry could be "too many" from a conservative lender's perspective.  It's just a tough one to recon I think.

        
Message 2 of 4
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

How many inquiries did you have when you apped for Barclay's?
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rootpooty wrote:
How many inquiries did you have when you apped for Barclay's?

7 or 8

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.