cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Suggestions for Airline Cards that can be used for Elite Qualifying Miles? Prefereably American

tag
Emma1137
Valued Member

Any Suggestions for Airline Cards that can be used for Elite Qualifying Miles? Prefereably American

This seems to be changing regularly so I thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone has found out something new.   With all the recent changes to mst FF programs, I really need a card that counts towats EQMs and, at least to a certain amount, to the dollars threshold that most airlines are establishing.   I fly over 100K miles a year but hate to have to buy up to higher fares to keep my status.  Any suggestions out there?  I recently switched from United to American to take advantage of the Cathay routes but I'm open to any airline that has good Asian routes and decent perks for 100,000 mile members.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any Suggestions for Airline Cards that can be used for Elite Qualifying Miles? Prefereably Amer

@Emma1137 wrote:

This seems to be changing regularly so I thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone has found out something new.   With all the recent changes to mst FF programs, I really need a card that counts towats EQMs and, at least to a certain amount, to the dollars threshold that most airlines are establishing.   I fly over 100K miles a year but hate to have to buy up to higher fares to keep my status.  Any suggestions out there?  I recently switched from United to American to take advantage of the Cathay routes but I'm open to any airline that has good Asian routes and decent perks for 100,000 mile members.

For American, the Citi AA Executive gives you 10K EQMs after $40,000 in spend per year.

Message 2 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Any Suggestions for Airline Cards that can be used for Elite Qualifying Miles? Prefereably Amer

+1 to Irish. And unless you were able to get the aviator Silver, it is the only card that offers EQMs for American.
Message 3 of 6
Emma1137
Valued Member

Thank you..  I'll give that a try.

Message 4 of 6
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

The Delta Amex's, if you spend $25K annually, the MQD (Medallion Qualifying Dollars) requirement goes away.  So you'll just have to qualify on miles, not both $'s and miles.

Message 5 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The delta reserve card also offers EQMs as a signup bonus, as well as the opportunity to earn EQMs through spend.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.