cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Synchrony MC/Visas worth getting?

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Any Synchrony MC/Visas worth getting?

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I just applied and got approved for my first card with them today care credit for 10k, have some dental work coming up, so figured 0% financing is a good thing for it and drag it out as long or short as I can.. 

Call right now and ask for 25K on CareCredit, should be the same HP if you just got approved Smiley Happy

I love CareCredit's 24 month 0% financing.

Tried asked for 12k on application got approved for 8k, called and she bumped me to 10k... Not bad, wanted more..   Many successes with 25k lines with care credit?  Lesat it was the same hard pull.. Not bad for my first card with Syncrony imo.

Not 25K, that's just the "moon" number I always ask for.

10K is good for CareCredit, highest is approximately 15-17K if you've had them for awhile.

When did you ask for another CLI from them when u first got the card?

Right away.  You have to immediately ask for a CLI after approval for the same HP.

If you wait, it's another HP. 

I was more talking about after you get that initial CLI. I'm in that situation where they gave me 5.5k originally, got bumped up to 6.6k on the same HP and haven't been able to get another CLI since.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 11 of 41
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Would be pissed if I got smart connect.... I think hovering around 700 with 5 tu inquires I should be good for the MC...  Think that is probably their best visa/mc product, but comparable to Ebates/Sams...   Maybe I should just be happy with my Care Credit approval and call it the day..

Message 12 of 41
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Would be pissed if I got smart connect.... I think hovering around 700 with 5 tu inquires I should be good for the MC...  Think that is probably their best visa/mc product, but comparable to Ebates/Sams...   Maybe I should just be happy with my Care Credit approval and call it the day..

That might be the right idea. Sit back and relax.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 13 of 41
ddemari
Super Contributor

I like ebates visa if u shop online a lot. At least they will approve u for a visa or nothing: better in my opinion than getting a store card instead
Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Also I assume Care Credit doesn't cancel the card if you don't use it for say a year at a time since it is a situational type of card, is this true?  I will be using within the next few months just need to shop around for who to do my dental work that offer 0% apr for the longest period of time through them...

Ok so have Ebate/Sams/ and Paypal MC on my list, any other ones?

I actually read another post that CareCredit is actually quick to pull the trigger on inactivity closures (6 months I think) and another dude that said he didn't use it for 2 years and it's still open.

I wouldn't know because I stretched my $575 across 24 months 0% financing set on autopay... so I'm good for a few years Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Right away.  You have to immediately ask for a CLI after approval for the same HP.

I was more talking about after you get that initial CLI. I'm in that situation where they gave me 5.5k originally, got bumped up to 6.6k on the same HP and haven't been able to get another CLI since.

After approval, I called right away for SP CLI.  Then I waited about 7 months asked for 25K and I got bumped up to 17K with a HP.  

I'm thinking about calling again for 25K in another month or two but I am not sure if I've hit the ceiling and if I'll just be wasting a HP.

Message 16 of 41
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I waited about 7 months asked for 25K and I got bumped up to 17K with a HP.  

I'm thinking about calling again for 25K in another month or two but I am not sure if I've hit the ceiling and if I'll just be wasting a HP.

So that explains it. Thanks so much for the information. I now realize I was trying to do it too early with CareCredit. I've put about $150 of spend onto the card total. I'll just try requesting a CLI again over the summer then.

Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Also I assume Care Credit doesn't cancel the card if you don't use it for say a year at a time since it is a situational type of card, is this true?  I will be using within the next few months just need to shop around for who to do my dental work that offer 0% apr for the longest period of time through them...

Ok so have Ebate/Sams/ and Paypal MC on my list, any other ones?

I actually read another post that CareCredit is actually quick to pull the trigger on inactivity closures (6 months I think) and another dude that said he didn't use it for 2 years and it's still open.

I wouldn't know because I stretched my $575 across 24 months 0% financing set on autopay... so I'm good for a few years Smiley Happy

Thanks for this. I'll see about using it for regular vet visits to keep it active. If they'll be PIF immediately, I'd just lose regular rewards from a daily driver. Probably good as insurance to keep  CC open. 

Message 18 of 41
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Sams MC has the best rewards

Message 19 of 41
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Since the BP card is switching over Synch on May 18th...you might try for the BP Visa at that time? Just a thought...at least you know the CL can grow, lol
Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.