Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Thoughts on possible approval

tag
jim5518
Established Member

Any Thoughts on possible approval

Looking for a new card.Fico on EQ is at 684.No baddies,have Boa and Cap1 highest limit is 3000.Only problem I see is at the moment Im sitting at 48% Utilization Any ideas anyone thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any Thoughts on possible approval

If you already have three or more cards, I'd work at getting that uti down before applying for anything new. If you can get that down to 20% or so, your score will likely increase a good 15 to 20 points. By paying your existing accounts on time, in six months you'll probably gain another 5 to 10 points. Then you'll be around 705 to 710 and could actually go for one of the really nice cards.
Message 2 of 7
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

I agree with TNWM. Get that util down, and with the score bump, you will prob qualify for a higher CL and/or better rates if you want a new card.
Message 3 of 7
jim5518
Established Member

I was at 66% and dropped this month to 53% got an 18 point bump from that.Just payed down another 5% to 48% and that should bump it a few more points.I think your advice is sound and probably that is the way Ill go try to get it to 20% before trying for another card.THANKS Jim
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you asked BOA for a CLI lately? Maybe you can get an increase, bringing your util down quicker.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The best time to ask for a CLI in the current credit climate is with low overall utility. I am not saying you can't get one with a moderate to high utility, I am just saying it is more likely to succeed when it looks like you are asking without needing it.
Message 6 of 7
jim5518
Established Member

I had 1 baddie from 6 years ago.First card with BOA was the 99/500 and I had it for 2 years Paid in full every month and they changed it to a WorldPoints in Mar of this year.Gave me the 2000 line and I took the 0% Bal transfer and paid the old baddie for a delete.2 months ago they bumped to 3000.I dont want to push to far theyve been good to me. That was my thought with another card it would bring my Utilization down quicker.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.