cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any advice? Couple ?'s

tag
krushin84

Any advice? Couple ?'s

First time poster. I've had a Sony chase card that was sold out to capital one. No big deal til I noticed that my credit report is showing that my new capital one Sony card is showing up with a history of 3 months like a new card instead of the 3 year mark it should have been on. Anything i can do?

Also what is the proper way to go about getting cli? I have a Amex blue cash at 6.5k and two cap 1s at 6.5k and 5k. Credit score is about at 733-687-722

I owe about 500 on Amex and one cap1. And about 4k on my last one (had to fix my car should have that lowered to about 1k in about 3 months). Any advice?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Any advice? Couple ?'s

Welcome to the forums.

1) is your old sony card still on your CR, or did it disappear and become replaced with this new 3 month old account? They might have opened it up as a new account, i'm not sure how buyout credit cards go. When in doubt call and ask. 

2) for CLIs check your online access accounts, some banks have an online feature which will let you know, but once again, when in doubt, call up and ask if you're elligible, also ask if it will be SP or HP. 

Message 2 of 3
Cranski
Valued Member

Re: Any advice? Couple ?'s

@krushin84 wrote:
First time poster. I've had a Sony chase card that was sold out to capital one. No big deal til I noticed that my credit report is showing that my new capital one Sony card is showing up with a history of 3 months like a new card instead of the 3 year mark it should have been on. Anything i can do?

Also what is the proper way to go about getting cli? I have a Amex blue cash at 6.5k and two cap 1s at 6.5k and 5k. Credit score is about at 733-687-722

I owe about 500 on Amex and one cap1. And about 4k on my last one (had to fix my car should have that lowered to about 1k in about 3 months). Any advice?

Oh oh my first chance to help I know this one. One of three things will happen but nothing you can't fix it things go arie.

The new Bank will do one of three things-

1.  Delete the old account and replace it with a new cc account, carrying previous history.

2. Leave the old account as it is and not add a new account while the acquisition process is underway.

3, Report the previous account as closed and transferred, only to open a new cc account that would reflect the payment history going forward.

If it isn't reporting correctly or damages your score file a dispute to have it corrected. The only ding you would receive is if the new bank decreases your CL.

The second question I've seen throughout the forums, and I'd love to give credit as soon as I find the OP but,

attempt to call the cc company and ask the repersentative if you might be available for a CL increase and Can it be done by Soft Pull only. If sweet talking fails, just

call back another time of day to see if you can try again with another repersentative, against Soft pull only. They will either tell you it is not possible to do a Soft pull only or Stick by their HP guns. If they do just call the next company.

I love myfico forums Smiley Happy  , GL.

CS 701, CK 682, Credit.com 719/ TU FICO 666 (DIS 8/12) EU FICO 658 (8/12)
After spree CS 738, CK 684, TU FICO 666 (Dis 8/5)

WF Secured 600Cl (7/11), Discover More 1.5k (8/12), Walmart 150CL(8/12), Cap1 Platinum w/Credit steps($300) (8/12)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.