Citi MC   12000
                                                           Citi Visa  16000
                                                           Citi Loan 17000
                                                           B of A        4000
                                                           Discover   7000
                                                           Discover   1500
                                                           Citi MC      2800
                                                           Chase       7000
I have a household income of $145,000. Have made progress over the past year. Some debt due to wife's health issues. TU  691
                        EQ 676
                        EX  647 have eliminated some balances recently (3 balances
                                      totaling $7500 not shown on EX yet)      I can continue to make progess but some of my interest is high?   What cards/balance transfers would be possible? if any?  Do I wait to apply? 3 inquiries in past year, none in 6 months. Discover gave me $8000/0%/2 purchases/mo. out of the blue 2 years ago. Is that still possible anywhere?  
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Any advice much appreciated/80K

With that income Penfed might be your answer. They were offering 2.99% on balance transfers.
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I was just looking at them as a possiblity. My util. are high so it's tough. I zeroed a few balances but my overall util. is very high. 11 balances down to 8-9
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would consider B of A. I got a 21k CL 0% interest on cash advances and BT's until May 2009. After that 8.24% interest. 
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried BoA everytime i call them for anything they try to get us to use their money, with good interest rate, just offered us 1.9% for 1 yr or 4.99 for life of BT.  But we didnt have anything that needed transferred, she asked abt our 5th wheel loan but it is paid off in Aug, they still wanted it but I said I didnt want to pay transfer fee she said they would waive that.  Good Luck Vicki

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the B of A sugg. They raised me from 15.9 to 25.9 for, I guess, my other high balances with other CC. Never paid late. No late payments on any CR. They grudgingly lowered me to 21.9. I have 4K /18K CL. But any BT is at 21.9. I'd like to use the CL. No other CC raised me like that.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW-I was happy to pay down B of A after they raised my rate. 10K I was lucky to save-but I'd be happy to use them again if I could with a good BT rate.
Message 7 of 18
Marvintran
Regular Contributor

Pen Fed might give you a pyramiding debt, Do you belong to any CU?

What is your Current ULT?

If you're qualify for Navy they are also very good. Plus they dont charged for BT fee.

Here are some CU you can check it out.

BTW, your TU is very good maybe you can try Ameriprise and with high
Income you're pretty well qualify.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm gonna look at those thanks. My util is very high unfortunately,75-90% of most. I have elim. some balances but with small CL(ie 2500(Union Plus, 1500 (WAMU) , but still some balances I'm trying to get down. I have some good BT rates but some are higher 7.9-10. Citi loan is 16.9 %.   B of A is 25%util (4k of 18k)

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear abt BoA raising your rate, I guess we all should beware that most banks will do that (from what i've read on here) when you need a lower rate because you have a bal.  I would pay them off ASAP and let them know they had p@ssed in their post toasties.  I hate that when you need a CC's help they dont want to help with either lower interest rate or higher bal. They should appreciate thier good customers better but i dont suppose they ever will.  Pay off fast and hard and show them all.  The best of luck to you.  Vicki
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.