cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any anecdotal evidence on chase auto luv?

tag
hrdsurfer
New Contributor

Any anecdotal evidence on chase auto luv?

I've had my CSP for about 6 weeks now, and I've hit the 3k spend for the bonus points, Paying about twice a month to keep my util low, and PIF about $1200 for my last statement. Is there any evidence that chase will give out an auto CLI for pumping money through them, or am I pissing in the wind?

Bk7 2019 current: Interior FCU 25K SL, Venture x 15k SL, bread cb 9k, Amazon store card 7k mercury 4.5k, c1 plat. 4k
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Any anecdotal evidence on chase auto luv?

Sure, I received 2 auto CLIs via heavy spending within 12 months. I have a feeling that you'll need to push through a lot more money than you currently are, if you want to significantly increase your chances.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 2 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:
Sure, I received 2 auto CLIs via heavy spending within 12 months. I have a feeling that you'll need to push through a lot more money than you currently are, if you want to significantly increase your chances.

+1

Agree with CreditScholar.  That's how both my Freedom Siggy and CSP received auto-CLIs wihtin the past year.

Message 3 of 16
hrdsurfer
New Contributor

That's good to know. I certainly have opportunities to, but they've already changed my statement date once after I put 1k in a week on it, and paid it off a week later. I'd like to show them that I'm willing to use their card, but I also don't want to jump up to 40% util the day before the statement cuts. I'm trying to use it for every day purchases; that would be at least 2k a month alone, but business expenses might hit 2k in one charge, and then it might take up to a week to get reimbursed. I guess I just don't want to hit the wrong slot at the wrong time. 

Bk7 2019 current: Interior FCU 25K SL, Venture x 15k SL, bread cb 9k, Amazon store card 7k mercury 4.5k, c1 plat. 4k
Message 4 of 16
red259
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

How much time had passed for each CLI?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 16
ZeroChance
New Contributor

I had one auto CLI on each of my Chase credit cards - Hyatt and Ritz-Carlton - 4 and 6 months after opening respectively. I put at least $2500 on each card each month. Some months were as high as $9-10K though. I let all balances report, showing utilization as high as 50%. I never paid before the statement cut but always paid in full a few days before due date.

ZC
Message 6 of 16
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

How much time had passed for each CLI?

The first auto-CLI was after 3 months, during which time I ran through 30k and PIF.

The second was at the 12 month mark, total spend during that time was 102k (on that card alone). My other cards didn't get any CLIs, I'm assuming because they weren't used as heavily.

~50% util every month for 2-3 months (and PIF each time) seems to be the trigger-area for Chase, from what I've seen. Others may be able to comment as well.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 7 of 16
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

I've pushed close to my Chase Freedom credit limit for several months last year...and never got an auto CLI.

I've never gotten an auto CLI I should say from Chase. The only time I've got a CLI was when I asked them for a CLI, in exchange of a hard pull.

I am hoping Chase will finally show me some love with the CSP and now that I have finally paid off my auto loan with them.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 8 of 16
enharu
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

+1

Agree with CreditScholar.  That's how both my Freedom Siggy and CSP received auto-CLIs wihtin the past year.

+2.

Heavy usage does seem to do the trick a lot of times.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 16
ZeroChance
New Contributor

I would imagine an additional factor to consider for auto CLI is income.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.