cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any anecdotal evidence on chase auto luv?

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Any anecdotal evidence on chase auto luv?

@CreditScholar wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:
Sure, I received 2 auto CLIs via heavy spending within 12 months. I have a feeling that you'll need to push through a lot more money than you currently are, if you want to significantly increase your chances.

How much time had passed for each CLI?

The first auto-CLI was after 3 months, during which time I ran through 30k and PIF.

The second was at the 12 month mark, total spend during that time was 102k (on that card alone). My other cards didn't get any CLIs, I'm assuming because they weren't used as heavily.

~50% util every month for 2-3 months (and PIF each time) seems to be the trigger-area for Chase, from what I've seen. Others may be able to comment as well.

Coming up on four months and no auto luv. Have run through at least the credit limit each month (sometimes well over the credit limit via making multiple payments). Showed balance once or twice but always PIF before due date. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 16
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:
Sure, I received 2 auto CLIs via heavy spending within 12 months. I have a feeling that you'll need to push through a lot more money than you currently are, if you want to significantly increase your chances.

The first auto-CLI was after 3 months, during which time I ran through 30k and PIF.

The second was at the 12 month mark, total spend during that time was 102k (on that card alone). My other cards didn't get any CLIs, I'm assuming because they weren't used as heavily.

~50% util every month for 2-3 months (and PIF each time) seems to be the trigger-area for Chase, from what I've seen. Others may be able to comment as well.

Coming up on four months and no auto luv. Have run through at least the credit limit each month (sometimes well over the credit limit via making multiple payments). Showed balance once or twice but always PIF before due date. 

There may be other factors at play as well, not just util. While that is important, your income, internal risk scores and total exposure limit also will play a part in auto-CLIs.

I always PIF after the statement cuts (unless I'm about to apply for new credit), although I'm not sure how much of an impact that has on anything.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 12 of 16
ZeroChance
New Contributor

+1 with CreditScholar

Personally I believe Chase has already determined the potential for auto CLI at the time of application, meaning if you were to get one, it would happen a few months after opening, assuming you meet the spending requirements and pattern. Receiving the most favorable terms (eg high credit limit relative to income and lowest possible APR) are clues for a potential for auto CLI. Of course YMMV. It's anecdotal.

ZC
Message 13 of 16
red259
Super Contributor

Problem isn't my income and I am not at credit cap. Only thing I can think is due to my thin file.
;
Message 14 of 16
red259
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

There may be other factors at play as well, not just util. While that is important, your income, internal risk scores and total exposure limit also will play a part in auto-CLIs.

I always PIF after the statement cuts (unless I'm about to apply for new credit), although I'm not sure how much of an impact that has on anything.

Are you doing this with only one card at a time (letting statement cut then PIF) or are you doing this with all your cards? For those who have receieved an auto CLI did you have any balance pending at the time they gave you the increase or had you paid everything off when it occured? 

;
Message 15 of 16
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

Are you doing this with only one card at a time (letting statement cut then PIF) or are you doing this with all your cards? For those who have receieved an auto CLI did you have any balance pending at the time they gave you the increase or had you paid everything off when it occured? 

I do this with all of the ones I'm using, which is usually 2 at any given time. On rare occasions I'll use 3, but that's only when I'm trying to meet my Ritz 10k annual spend and I have United purchases on the same month.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.