Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any better CSP offers on the horizon?

tag
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Any better CSP offers on the horizon?

Is there any reason to believe that something better than 50k UR point sign up bonus is on the horizon by mid to late summer?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any better CSP offers on the horizon?

Not that I've heard of.  Some have stated that when applying in branch they may have a 70k point invite offer available for you, but it's not common.  I tried this about 2-3 weeks ago and just had the 50k points offer on the table for me.  I apped anyway.  I know there's a 0% chance of getting the 70k points if you app online, but trying in branch first may be worthwhile for that extra $200 bonus.

Message 2 of 9
Marcos8
Established Contributor

70k would be sweet. Once things tidy up I'll check in at a branch. I'm showing an offer online of 16.xx  Apr but when a couple of things come together by July I will pull the trigger I think to have the best chance at the best terms and limit. Combing the CSP with my FU I can see working well. Don't think I will fully be able to take advantage of the CSR at it's price tag. 

Message 3 of 9
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Speaking of CSP bonuses, how long does it take for the 50K to show up once you hit the $4K in spend?  I've put almost $5K through mine in the first 45 days.

Message 4 of 9
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

Nope, no particular reason to expect that afaik. 

Don't forget the 5k bonus points when adding an AU, making it 55k UR points. Smiley Wink

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 5 of 9
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

On the first statement date you've met the minimum spend. (within the first few months of course)

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 6 of 9
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

UPDATE: oops after fighting with  html issues, i guess a line got left out

I would reconsider the CSR, it's AF is scary but the benefits add up quickly if you travel even once, and need TSA-Pre or Globalentry

forget about the credits, this year I have recieved

$300  travel credit

$85    TSA-pre credit

$50    Tire Change for free

and about 9000 in pts, and another 9100 pts to be award this month, paid for 30th wedding anniversary cruise and weekend in Orlando, FL this month.

for a total of 18,000 points.... worth $180 if i just use as cash. 

for a total of $634  for having the CSR,  not to mention primary auto rental insurance and travel insurance benefits. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamesdwi wrote:

don't forget about the credits, this year I have recieved

$300  travel credit

$85    TSA-pre credit

and about 9000 in pts, and another 9100 pts to be award this month, paid for 30th wedding anniversary cruise and weekend in Orlando, FL this month.

for a total of $634  for having the CSR,  not to mention primary auto rental insurance and travel insurance benefits. 

The title is CSP, the Preferred does not have any travel or TSA pre-check credits.

Message 8 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

don't forget about the credits, this year I have recieved

$300  travel credit

$85    TSA-pre credit

The title is CSP, the Preferred does not have any travel or TSA pre-check credits.

While performing your role as thread-police, you could also add that whaever the value, it doesn't address the subject which is about better offers.    However, poster could have been responding to the comment:

Don't think I will fully be able to take advantage of the CSR at it's price tag. 

in which case the above is entirely appropriate

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.