Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any card earns $ on insurance payment?

tag
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

Any card earns $ on insurance payment?

Since I just turned 25, I think it worth to quote again for lower rate.

We have 2 cars +renter insurance bundle which could easily stack up to $1000 for 6-month (now with State Farm for $1050). It's not a very small amount so I'm wondering if there's any cc gives me some advantage upon the payment. Personally have never heard about any cc rewards this category.

So is 2% on my Discover the best I could get? Or should I just apply for something to get sign-up bouns out of the payment? Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyway to earn rewards on insurance payment?

that's the way i would go. $20 off Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 41
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I previously paid my State Farm bill monthly with my Quicksilver, but now I use Discover for the 'Double Cash'... Easy-Peasy...  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 41
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I previously paid my State Farm bill monthly with my Quicksilver, but now I use Discover for the 'Double Cash'... Easy-Peasy...  Smiley Very Happy

I remember StateFarm gives discount for 6-months payment over monthly payments.

Message 4 of 41
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@vwgrrc wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I remember StateFarm gives discount for 6-months payment over monthly payments.

Yep, they absolutely do, and I used to take advantage of that. 

But for now, it works out better for me (budget-wise) to be on their payment plan, and I just run the monthly payment through my card for the cash back.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 41
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
that's the way i would go. $20 off Smiley Wink

Well, yes, it's probably better to compare for lower rates than comparing the credit cards to pay, since there's nothing really go above 2% here.

But damn I hate to give out personal info to several insurance companies and get a bunch of call the next day, since I don't trust any "comparing/quote" website...

Message 6 of 41
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Any card earns $ on insurance payment?

@vwgrrc wrote:

Since I just turned 25, I think it worth to quote again for lower rate.

We have 2 cars +renter insurance bundle which could easily stack up to $1000 for 6-month (now with State Farm for $1050). It's not a very small amount so I'm wondering if there's any cc gives me some advantage upon the payment. Personally have never heard about any cc rewards this category.

So is 2% on my Discover the best I could get? Or should I just apply for something to get sign-up bouns out of the payment? Smiley Wink

In the good old days you could use Cash + bill pay for this and get 5%.   But not now.   

So the simple cash back max is going to be 2%, either with Discover or Double Cash etc.   If you value things like MR or UR above 2c, you can use on of those cards.

Or you can look at the Amex prepaids and see if that makes sense....

Message 7 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out Geico. Great price point and a good company.

Message 8 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

i use geico
Message 9 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Double Cash for 2% cash back.
Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.