cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any cards that are good for wholesale club CB?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any cards that are good for wholesale club CB?

@sunkissed wrote:

If you spend mostly at BJ's, why not get the BJ's Mastercard? The cash back earned is used for BJ's purchases, but if you shop there anyhow...

I'm not really feeling the $100 fee for the elite card that gets you the 5% back.  The lesser version of the card without the $100 AF doesn't give as good rewards.  I also don't really care for it being through Comenity Bank.  Have not heard the greatest things about them.

Message 11 of 14
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

If you spend mostly at BJ's, why not get the BJ's Mastercard? The cash back earned is used for BJ's purchases, but if you shop there anyhow...

I'm not really feeling the $100 fee for the elite card that gets you the 5% back.  The lesser version of the card without the $100 AF doesn't give as good rewards.  I also don't really care for it being through Comenity Bank.  Have not heard the greatest things about them.

There's no AF. Your BJ's membership fee would be $100 per year instead of $50 per year. However, if you have your membership on autopay with the BJ's credit card, you'll save $25 - making the membership fee $75. That's only $25 more than you're paying now. 

In return you'd get 5% cashback on BJ's purchases and 10 cents off per gallon for BJ's gas purchases. Additionally, you earn 2% cashback on restaurants and non-BJ's gas purchases.

I easily average $140 in cashback per year. That doesn't include the money I save by gasing up at BJ's. Do the math and see if it works for you. 

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure that would work for me.  I actually don't pay for my BJ's membership.  Every member gets to add on another household user, and my father added me on probably 20 years ago so I've never paid for my membership there.  I would think if I signed up for the card I'd either have to pay the full AF or have to actually pay the real membership fee, one or the other.  My BJ's doesn't have a gas station associated with it.  And I never (like never) eat out.  Probably wouldn't be worth it for me in the end.

Message 13 of 14
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure that would work for me.  I actually don't pay for my BJ's membership.  Every member gets to add on another household user, and my father added me on probably 20 years ago so I've never paid for my membership there.  I would think if I signed up for the card I'd either have to pay the full AF or have to actually pay the real membership fee, one or the other.  My BJ's doesn't have a gas station associated with it.  And I never (like never) eat out.  Probably wouldn't be worth it for me in the end.

Sounds like the BJ's MC isn't a good option for you. You're best bet would probably be a flat 2% or 1.5% card. Most cards do not inlcude warehouse or wholesale clubs in any bonus categories. Of course, the Chase Freedom is the exception to that at the moment, but that only helps for one quarter. I wouldn't apply for it just for BJ's spend. Especially since there's no guarantee that they'll offer it as a category again. 

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.