Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance for Amazon card?

tag
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Re: Any chance for Amazon card?

Did you apply Jess?  Don't call the recon number you will get a crabby person from India...man what horrible CS, makes me glad I have a Discover card.  Might call them just to make me feel better lol.

Message 21 of 30
roniram
Regular Contributor

I'm really surprised you don't qualify for an Amazon card.  They approved me when I started rebuilding a few months ago and my scores were much lower than yours.  However, it may be they think you are applying too much.  The 17 INQs may give any creditor a pause.  I'm gardening myself until December because I think my INQs have hurt my chances for even CLIs with the GE companies I have cards with (Amazon and Walmart).  But eventually, I am sure you will qualify for the Amazon card - if not even on of the better cards they offer.

Venture 10K /NFCU Platinum 6.6K /Amazon 6.6K/ Walmart 3.3K /Cap 1 QS1 1.65K /Cap 1 Platinum 1.15K /Show MC 1.1 /Amex BCE 1K /Chase Freedom 1K / NFCU Cash Rewards 500/
Starting Score: 6/1/13 TU 566 EXP 632 EQ 611
Current Score: 09/13/21 TU 726 EXP 717 EQ 718
Goal Score: 740 Across the Board
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 30
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@roniram wrote:

I'm really surprised you don't qualify for an Amazon card.  They approved me when I started rebuilding a few months ago and my scores were much lower than yours.  However, it may be they think you are applying too much.  The 17 INQs may give any creditor a pause.  I'm gardening myself until December because I think my INQs have hurt my chances for even CLIs with the GE companies I have cards with (Amazon and Walmart).  But eventually, I am sure you will qualify for the Amazon card - if not even on of the better cards they offer.

Thanks for the info roniram, I'm guessing thats my problem too.  I was gardening pretty good but temptation won!  I need to garden until fall at least, think thats going to be the only thing that can help me at this point. 

Message 23 of 30
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

With your scores, i think you have a good shot!  Smiley Wink

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 24 of 30
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Yude be wrong yude Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 30
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

@EndlessRoad wrote:

Did you apply Jess?  Don't call the recon number you will get a crabby person from India...man what horrible CS, makes me glad I have a Discover card.  Might call them just to make me feel better lol.

no.  Im too chicken, im pretty sure I will get a denial,  I dont have any good credit cards or any CL higher than $1000 plus I have been denied their card before, when my credit was really bad but still, I denial is the last thing I need right now

Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 26 of 30
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

I hear ya Jess, and honestly I think its best to go with your gut.  I knew damn well I wouldnt be approved but for some reason still pulled the trigger.  I DEFINITELY didnt need a 17th INQ but as CA pointed out does it even matter at that point?  Its safe to say credit scores aren't even close to the only deciding factor in credit decisions.

Message 27 of 30
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

I think you are in a better place than me though, you have more cards and higher balances.  Im sure you will be able to get approved soon and actually that wasnt a denial, just processing longer,  my boa was like that i could swear I was denied but all of the sudden it came and I had been approved!

Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 28 of 30
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

GE isnt really an INQ sensitive bank imo ... I applied for all my cards with them overtime and my TU has about 25 inquiries to date and i was approved for all of them as a matter of fact i dont think inquiries matter an extremely lot with any banks except Barclays because i was also just approved for Amex TE and Discover IT in Feb for Discover and Mar for Amex with 35 inquiries on EX and 32 on EQ ... Amex only pulled EX and Discover pulled EX and EQ so... I think sometimes its best not to worry about the inquiries sure they will increase your chances to have less but i dont think it matters as much as people emphasize on them.
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 29 of 30
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@shaun2009 wrote:
GE isnt really an INQ sensitive bank imo ... I applied for all my cards with them overtime and my TU has about 25 inquiries to date and i was approved for all of them as a matter of fact i dont think inquiries matter an extremely lot with any banks except Barclays because i was also just approved for Amex TE and Discover IT in Feb for Discover and Mar for Amex with 35 inquiries on EX and 32 on EQ ... Amex only pulled EX and Discover pulled EX and EQ so... I think sometimes its best not to worry about the inquiries sure they will increase your chances to have less but i dont think it matters as much as people emphasize on them.

shaun, with that said I'm even more interested to see what GE has for a reason in my letter.  I've heard they are BK friendly and now not INQ sensitive...leaves me lost as to what the reason for denial was.  Had I known GE didnt do recons I never would have applied...thats always a nice little last ditch effort. 

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.