cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance i can get a unsecured credit card?

tag
keikdasneak
Regular Contributor

Any chance i can get a unsecured credit card?

74k salary. (6 years)
Residence. (8 years)

Exp:628 EQ:620 TU:634

I have a previous repossession 2 years ago from co-signing for a family member. So i know this will make it pretty hard for me.

1-2 collections

I have 2 secured cards for over a year.. No lates

2 unsecured cards: first premier, total visa both10 months no lates.

1 capital one card no lates 3 year.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any chance i can get a unsecured credit card?

I was able to get a lower CL Best Buy card with scores a little lower than yours, 100 late payments on loans, and no open/current accounts. Try this pre-approval link and see if you get offered something. I also think they are BK friendly.

https://www.hsbcapply.com/start/rewardzonemastercard?media=B5IM29H20061100001EM

Message 2 of 7
keikdasneak
Regular Contributor

What report did they pull for you??

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax

Message 4 of 7
sonson
Regular Contributor

hey jaystay, thanks for the info, was prequalified for $100, however applications is still in review. 

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 7
keikdasneak
Regular Contributor

Only $100???

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck getting a CLI. If you got a credit rebuilder card with HSBC, they will never give you one. HSBC, from what I understand, will entertain the request if it's not a rebuilder product. I had their $500 Mastercard for a year and I believe I got hit with a $59 A/F. They then wanted to not give me a CLI nor a A/F waiver. Since by this time I had a $2K card plus a Hooters and Barclays card (Hooters was fired), I fired HSBC. All of my cards have no A/F and pretty decent limits.

My advice to anyone in the FP, low limit CC club is to save at least $1K ($2K if possible) and dump that in a secured credit card. Also work on getting rid of all your "inaccurate" derogatories through the dispute process. I did the low CC game, and it was just bad. I now have close to $27K in available credit, $14K of which is bank card credit.

Low Limits Begets Low Limits. High Limits Begets High Limits.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.