cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance of getting a decent BT card if I have a poor credit?

tag
Scrimper_n_Saver

Any chance of getting a decent BT card if I have a poor credit?

This is my first post on this extraordinarily-helpful forum. I'm embarrassed to admit that I just got my credit score for the first time in my 50+ years and was mortified to find it was 631.  What a perfect example of the folly of ignorance. 

I am now trying to rebuild my score, and at the same time save $ with a BT of the $10,500 debt on a 14.5% interest CC. I've already set up a strict budget for myself so I will be able to pay off my transferred balance on the new card (IF I FIND ONE) within 10 months. My question is: with such poor credit, do I stand a chance of finding a BT card that will approve me?    All the cards I've reviewed require excellent credit.  Should I throw in the towel?  Thank you for your advice, in advance.

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 610
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Any chance of getting a decent BT card if I have a poor credit?

Welcome to the forum.

In order to give you advice, can you elaborate on our profile? Current cards, baddies, inq's etc.
Message 2 of 4
Scrimper_n_Saver

Ahhh, thanks, Lexie.  I plead newbie-ignorance for that missing profile. As soon as I figure out how to do so, I will add it to my signature.  In the interim, here's where I am:

As of 3-14-13:

MyFico ~EQ 610
My Wallet: Hilton Honors Amex - $10,500/$15,000   PNC Points Visa $4,589/$10,000  
Negatives: Tax lein 4,200 - currently in dispute; 6 revolving cc's with late payments

Please forgive my lack of sophistication with regard to what information I should be including.  As I become more familiar with the forums, as well as the world of rebuilding my credit, I will improve!

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 610
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Phizzle
New Contributor

Don't beat yourself up over it. We all have to start somewhere. Smiley Happy

So, down to business. What companies were the lates with? How old is the tax lien? If you are able to find out, what is your average age of accounts (AAoA)?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.