cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any definitive data out there on whether Blispay is a Hidden TL or not?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any definitive data out there on whether Blispay is a Hidden TL or not?

@Anonymous wrote:
Anybody get a statement yet or had this pop up on bureau??

Yes there have been people who have gotten statements over 10 days ago, but still no reports of it being reported to the bureaus yet. See this thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Got-my-first-Blispay-statement-CASH-BACK/m-p/4580092/highlight/true#M1324419 

Message 11 of 20
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

One statement cutting doesn't constitute whether it will report or not. The speculation around this is ridiculous.
Message 12 of 20
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
One statement cutting doesn't constitute whether it will report or not. The speculation around this is ridiculous.

Some have recieved their 3rd statement and still no reporting to the CRAs. Possbly safe to say it is a hidden TL.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

A little off topic but not. What is the appeal of a hidden TL? As far as I can tell the only benefit to it is to be irresponsible with it (i.e. keep it near limit, pay late, etc.). I'm sure I'm missing something about it, I just don't know what.

Message 14 of 20
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

A little off topic but not. What is the appeal of a hidden TL? As far as I can tell the only benefit to it is to be irresponsible with it (i.e. keep it near limit, pay late, etc.). I'm sure I'm missing something about it, I just don't know what.

Really? lol

If you're irresponsible with it, it will report.

Hidden means you are allowed to use it without worrying about utilization or trying to keep it below 30% usage. I'm not one to pay on the same card 4 times a month, just so it doesn't report I used it. Honestly I find that ridiculous unless you just have to.

Message 15 of 20
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I would disagree that keeping a card "near its limit" is a unilaterally irresponsible move.  It can be, in some circumstances.  However, it often isn't.   If you typically spend $250 a month at Target, but your RedCard has a $300 CL, this may even be a regular occurence.   However, being near your CL is a move that may appear "risky" to FICO.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Really? lol

If you're irresponsible with it, it will report.

Hidden means you are allowed to use it without worrying about utilization or trying to keep it below 30% usage. I'm not one to pay on the same card 4 times a month, just so it doesn't report I used it. Honestly I find that ridiculous unless you just have to.

+1 Gmood1 - you can't be irresponsible with a hidden TL or it will report and will no longer be hidden.

Besides the benefit of being able to carry higher utilization without it negatively affecting your credit scores, or just carrying a balance period without every other lender knowing about it (think about mortgage applications and DTI);  hidden TLs also help those who may want to hide some of their CLs so that they don't get denied new accounts or CLIs from other lenders for having too much available credit in relation to their income.

Message 17 of 20
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that maybe they don't report to save on costs. What I wonder is say after 9 months or so go by, and everyone has assumed it is a hidden TL, what fallout would there be if they suddenly started reporting without notice?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 18 of 20
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@RM21 wrote:
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that maybe they don't report to save on costs. What I wonder is say after 9 months or so go by, and everyone has assumed it is a hidden TL, what fallout would there be if they suddenly started reporting without notice?

I don't buy that.  I think it will remain hidden; the only other product like it, PayPal Credit, does not report.  People that worked on Bill Me Later/PayPal Credit are the people that started Blispay.  What other cases have we seen (besides Diners) that did not report but now do?  I don't know of any.

Message 19 of 20
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Well, i'm going to spend the next month optimizing my utilization to see how much my FICO score improves, and possibly apply for a new card (NFCU). So, I need to get most of my credit cards to report 0, and have just my Better Balance Rewards card report to the Credit Bureaus.

An easy way to accomplish that, is to switch to using my Blispay exclusively. The BBR gets an automatic monthly charge, so i don't have to worry about that. So, I pay off all the other credit cards, and wait as my various credit cards report $0 over the next 4 weeks.

This is convenient, since if I keep using my various credit cards, I usually forget to stop using some of them far enough ahead of time so that I can pay them off on time. So, there is one non-standard use for a hidden tradeline.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.