@Anonymous wrote:

Send the batteries to my house, LOL... #JustSaying #SingleLife

isee.jpg

Message 11 of 14
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any downside with this?

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have no use for them, close them. It will not impact your AAoA, and it's less to manage or worry about.

I second that. I've closed my Amazon SC and combined my two Capital One cards just for that reason. Less pics in the profile, but also less things to think about (making sure you charge something every x months to keep it open, etc.). Even though they had had their use, I just didn't see them back in the rotation anymore.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have no use for the cards, then close them. It may or may not impact your AAoA. The closed account can remain on your profile for up to 10 years.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems many people are telling you to close your unwanted account, but I've seen number of accounts get graded as well, not just the typical 30% debt, 35% payment history, 10% new credit, 15% length of credit history, 10% credit mix. 

But I myself wouldn't close it as it gives your potential lender more informatioin on your credit habits.  But as they've said, it won't affect your AAoA because the account in good standing will still remain your your CR for 10 years. And besides, I don't mind these store cards giving me a 5% off shopping day. I wait in anticipation for them, 5% off some double A batteries and a candy bar once every 6 months.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.