cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any former Orchard Bank cardholders had success converting to Quicksilver?

tag
rushx2112
New Contributor

Any former Orchard Bank cardholders had success converting to Quicksilver?

I messaged the FB team maybe in May or June about converting but they said there were no offeres on my account. Each time I check on the website there are no offers there.  Should I just email the EO and see if they can help me?  As it is my limit is 3k with them and I've only been putting about 5 bucks through the card every 3 months because it offers no benefits at all.  1.5% would be nice for the few places my other cards don't cover.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Any former Orchard Bank cardholders had success converting to Quicksilver?

DH's OB card was converted. IIRC, they had mailed letters out a few months ago regarding upgrades
Message 2 of 16
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

I know personally I will never contact a front line csr with capitol one again. What I would recommend doing if your interested in porting to quick silver would be to call their eo..Quick Google search comes up with number and tell them what you want. I would not say you just want rewards added, I would say lower apr, af if applicable, higher cli and a new design on the card for humor. This is all only a sp so what do you have to lose other than hearing the word no!

Message 3 of 16
rushx2112
New Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
DH's OB card was converted. IIRC, they had mailed letters out a few months ago regarding upgrades

Ugh... they haven't mailed me squat except a new card.  All of my other cards offer at least 1% on everything except my Amazon Store card so it's just annoying having it sitting there being useless.  The 1.5% would actually tempt me to use it more often than just to keep it open.

Message 4 of 16
rushx2112
New Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

I know personally I will never contact a front line csr with capitol one again. What I would recommend doing if your interested in porting to quick silver would be to call their eo..Quick Google search comes up with number and tell them what you want. I would not say you just want rewards added, I would say lower apr, af if applicable, higher cli and a new design on the card for humor. This is all only a sp so what do you have to lose other than hearing the word no!

My APR is only like 6.99% so I'm happy with that, not that I expect to carry a balance.  Is the FB team different from the EO team?

Message 5 of 16
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@rushx2112 wrote:

I messaged the FB team maybe in May or June about converting but they said there were no offeres on my account. Each time I check on the website there are no offers there.  Should I just email the EO and see if they can help me?  As it is my limit is 3k with them and I've only been putting about 5 bucks through the card every 3 months because it offers no benefits at all.  1.5% would be nice for the few places my other cards don't cover.

From casual observation, I'd say half of the former HSBC people on the boards were able to PC to a Quicksilver (some automatically, and some through the EO) and half did not.  I'm in the second half.  I was able to get a $250 CLI and 1% rewards added, though.  I might try again in a few months, when I go for a CLI.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 16
coterotie
Established Contributor

Tried the Chat was remarkably unsuccessful gettting anyting resolved other than to find out when the drop dead day for canceling the card and getting the Annual Fee refunded was.  I wanted to see what kind of CL I got from Chase.  SInce it was 6K I wasn't going to be upset about cancelling the $400 CL on Orchard.  But I figured I would give the FB thing a chance. 

Very responsive and quick.  She couldn't do anything about the CL or rewards, but did waive the AF for a year and said that I could hit the love button and see about the increase.  So  i now have a credit balance of $59 on my credit card.  Guess the kids will eat that up with iTunes over the next few months.

The FB thing was very good, too bad regular CS ism't that responsive.

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@rushx2112 wrote:

From casual observation, I'd say half of the former HSBC people on the boards were able to PC to a Quicksilver (some automatically, and some through the EO) and half did not.  I'm in the second half.  I was able to get a $250 CLI and 1% rewards added, though.  I might try again in a few months, when I go for a CLI.

Message 7 of 16
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

FB is a bit hit or miss.  Some have had success, and some haven't.  I'd recommend calling the EO's office.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 8 of 16
rushx2112
New Contributor

Just sent the EO an email, we'll see what happens... hoping for better than the non-result the FB team gave me

Message 9 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@rushx2112 wrote:

Just sent the EO an email, we'll see what happens... hoping for better than the non-result the FB team gave me

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.