cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any former Orchard Bank cardholders had success converting to Quicksilver?

tag
MegaZX30
Valued Member

Re: Any former Orchard Bank cardholders had success converting to Quicksilver?

Apon the switch to Capital One, the only thing that changed was My Card Became a Platinum Master Card, where it originally was a Orchard Gold Master Card.

I contacted the EO after getting some advice from here to basicly do so,

they waived the fee for the year,
Gave me a decent increase from the base CL the card originally had,
could not switch me to QuickSilver
BUT was able to offer and add the 1.5% cashback rewards to the card

Now I'm just hoping next year I can get that fee permintly waived I was told to call back next year and they might be able to, if I can get that perminetly off the card I'll be happy.

So I guess I technically fell into the catagory of not getting a product change but was able to get the same cashback bonus added to my card. So it may totally be worth an email / call to the EO!

Discover IT: $2,650 -- Capital One Platinum $1K -- Cap One QuickSilver $3K -- Chase Freedom $3K
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 is a strange one. Don't hold your breath on a Quicksilver upgrade. May need to app for it. Seems once Cap1 decides no they stick to it. Why? Seems to me I would rather keep a known customer than risk a new one?!
Message 12 of 16
rushx2112
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Cap1 is a strange one. Don't hold your breath on a Quicksilver upgrade. May need to app for it. Seems once Cap1 decides no they stick to it. Why? Seems to me I would rather keep a known customer than risk a new one?!

I'll certainly not be apping for it, at that point I might as well just get the Fidelity AMEX or something similar.  Don't understand why Cap1 can look at someone's report and see all the other companies offering perks to get someone to use their cards and think that no perks should work just as well.  We'll see though, either I get Quicksilver or it keeps making it's 4 times a year 3 dollar purchase and hanging out by itself in the sockdrawer Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed seven Cap1 accounts because I would not deal with their rules. As you mentioned, I applied for other major prime cards and moved on. Cap1 still reports positive performance on my CBs so why suffer with their strangeness. Some people fit well with Cap1 and love them? I had two business accounts with them and had CLs of $10,600 and $6,000 plus rewards and still closed them. For me it was goodbye. Two of my accounts came over from HSBC where I had a Co-Branded American Express Account $10K CL and 7.9% fixed apr and a $7.5 CL with a variable 13.9% apr and closed them as soon as they hit Cap1. No regrets!
Message 14 of 16
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@rushx2112 wrote:

I messaged the FB team maybe in May or June about converting but they said there were no offeres on my account. Each time I check on the website there are no offers there.  Should I just email the EO and see if they can help me?  As it is my limit is 3k with them and I've only been putting about 5 bucks through the card every 3 months because it offers no benefits at all.  1.5% would be nice for the few places my other cards don't cover.

Ha.

I basically called the EO and they added the 1.5% CB

Then it turned out that my card was going to be converted to a QuickSilver card anyway. I ended up having to call the guy at the EO back to get the new card with the standard design (I kinda like it)

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 15 of 16
rushx2112
New Contributor

Just got a call, they said they can't convert but they're going to send it to the rewards team and I should get the 1.5%, happy enough I guess

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.