cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any good Amex cards to get not being back by Amex?

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Any good Amex cards to get not being back by Amex?

@JTC403 wrote:

IF you pay the association fee to join $15 (one time tax decd. contribution) you are a supporter of that association

You do not need to join the military

Ah ok that's good to know

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 31 of 44
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@B335is wrote:
Well who do you have a good relationship with? US Bank flexperks travel rewards Amex is a other option.

I don't live in an area US bank does business in . I'm in NY and they are in like the Midwest.

I opened Checking and Savings online when the nearest branch was 250 miles away. Every credit card application (3 total) since then has been approved. It was still easier than 99% of the hoops a CU put me through to join.  There are many people outside of US Bank footprint that apply and get approval for Cash + for instance, over the phone. 

They are big on the West coast and Midwest. 

Message 32 of 44
taxi818
Super Contributor

Too many. Macys. amex.  and dont forget the travelosity amex by barclays.

Message 33 of 44
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@B335is wrote:
Well who do you have a good relationship with? US Bank flexperks travel rewards Amex is a other option.

I don't live in an area US bank does business in . I'm in NY and they are in like the Midwest.

I opened Checking and Savings online when the nearest branch was 250 miles away. Every credit card application (3 total) since then has been approved. It was still easier than 99% of the hoops a CU put me through to join.  There are many people outside of US Bank footprint that apply and get approval for Cash + for instance, over the phone. 

They are big on the West coast and Midwest. 

I tried to app last year for a card and they said sorry your declined because we don't do trade in your state. They didn't even pull a report 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 34 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@JTC403 wrote:

IF you pay the association fee to join $15 (one time tax decd. contribution) you are a supporter of that association

Be careful.  They don't like Pyramids.

Message 35 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@JTC403 wrote:

Call me pharaoh then.

Message 36 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@JTC403 wrote:

Call me pharaoh then.

You have a card with them?  Don't see it in your list.  I'd love to get with them but I know right now I'd get denied for that reason.

Message 37 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@JTC403 wrote:

Call me pharaoh then.

You have a card with them?  Don't see it in your list.  I'd love to get with them but I know right now I'd get denied for that reason.

I'm saying, they wouldn't like me. Smiley Tongue

Message 38 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@JTC403 wrote:

Call me pharaoh then.

I'm saying, they wouldn't like me. Smiley Tongue

Oh right.  Thought you'd be in the same boat.  Wasn't paying attention 

Message 39 of 44
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

For best chance at Penfed approval and not being lumped into a low approval tier, your Fico needs to be right around 800 and not more than a couple of EQ inquiries. There's exceptions, but with new accts reporting you're just burning pulls.
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.