cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any good sign up bonus's going around?

tag
trant3
Established Contributor

Re: Any good sign up bonus's going around?

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Elements Financial Credit Union. They have a Visa Signature card that gives 1.25% cash back. Anyone can join by paying a small fee, I think it was $5.

Oh, and they are currently giving $300 when you spend $1000 combined in at least 10 transactions in the first 90 days. And a free monthly Equifax FICO 08 score. You know, that one FICO score thats almost impossible to obtain for free these days...

Thanks for this info, the bonus and card is very appealing. The free EQ Fico is a plus! Which credit report do they pull?

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 11 of 22
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex Delta Skypesos is public. 60k for $3k over FOUR MONTHS.

Other is 70k medallion something something blah.

If you live in Atlanta, or some other hub, or want some skypeso.

@Edit:. @Anonymous, just cashed in my A+ points.  It was glorious. Congrats.
I did not read your current list of cards.

Link? Or some trick to finding it? I just see 30k even on no-Amex-cookie browsers.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 12 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Link? Or some trick to finding it? I just see 30k even on no-Amex-cookie browsers.

See if this works:  https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/web/getthecard/us/api/dal/personal-card/multi-lp/dal-803

If you still can't get it, here's a DoC article with a link as well:  http://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-delta-gold-60000-miles-50-statement-credit-personal-business-highest-ever/

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd go for the Merrill Lynch or Alaska card since BofA will only pull once for your BBR +1.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/recap-merrill-signup-bonus-gift-cards-kroger-bbva-offers/

Message 14 of 22
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@trant3 wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Elements Financial Credit Union. They have a Visa Signature card that gives 1.25% cash back. Anyone can join by paying a small fee, I think it was $5.

Oh, and they are currently giving $300 when you spend $1000 combined in at least 10 transactions in the first 90 days. And a free monthly Equifax FICO 08 score. You know, that one FICO score thats almost impossible to obtain for free these days...

Thanks for this info, the bonus and card is very appealing. The free EQ Fico is a plus! Which credit report do they pull?

They used to be ELFCU, ie Eli Lilly Federal credit Union. if you search for elfcu in the creditpulls database, it appears they pull Equifax.

I applied for their card and savings account. I have the savings, but I dont yet see the credit card, so I might have been denied that. If I was, then I'll probably open a basic checking account with them ( no monthly maintenance fee if 50 or over, or under age 25), since that also qualified for the free fico score. But right now i'm being patient and waiting for the card, or a denial, to appear in the US Mail. They also have a high interest checking that has no monthly fee if you sign up for eStatements.

I have a lot of credit cards (over $400k) and just applied for a bunch of cards and CLI's and then applied for the Elements one later, so they do have plenty of reasons to possibly deny me their credit card. I think we need to see how successful various people are with them before we jump to conclusions based on my extremely limted results so far.

PS: I also asked for a $35K starting limit on the credit card. yet another reason they may be wondering about giving me a card... My take is they asked what I wanted, not what I was willing to accept.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 15 of 22
trant3
Established Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@trant3 wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

They used to be ELFCU, ie Eli Lilly Federal credit Union. if you search for elfcu in the creditpulls database, it appears they pull Equifax.

I applied for their card and savings account. I have the savings, but I dont yet see the credit card, so I might have been denied that. If I was, then I'll probably open a basic checking account with them ( no monthly maintenance fee if 50 or over, or under age 25), since that also qualified for the free fico score. But right now i'm being patient and waiting for the card, or a denial, to appear in the US Mail. They also have a high interest checking that has no monthly fee if you sign up for eStatements.

I have a lot of credit cards (over $400k) and just applied for a bunch of cards and CLI's and then applied for the Elements one later, so they do have plenty of reasons to possibly deny me their credit card. I think we need to see how successful various people are with them before we jump to conclusions based on my extremely limted results so far.

Thanks for the DP. DoC has a few data points, and from what it seems, Element Financial is INQ sensitive and have denied those with tons of new accounts

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/web/getthecard/us/api/dal/personal-card/multi-lp/dal-803

Message 17 of 22
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Thanks for the Delta links. I'm not certain if I'll app, but it's on my shortlist.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOC maintains a dedecated page for this which is updated monthly. 

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@trant3 wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

PS: I also asked for a $35K starting limit on the credit card. yet another reason they may be wondering about giving me a card... My take is they asked what I wanted, not what I was willing to accept.

Cant wait to see if you get it!  Curious as to why you app'd for the Commerce Bank Special Connections card?  This was one of my first REAL credit cards I had...it had a 15-17% APR after the 0% for 1 yr intro, and a $2k starting limit when everything else was tiny (cept care credit).

It is a NIGHTMARE to deal with commerce bank.  You call underwriting and they are like, how did you get this number?! When it comes to you by  mail.  They basically operate like this...if you ever want an increase, you open a new card.  You get an inquiry. Then they combine the entire old cards limit into the new one.  Then they delete all history of the old account, and its as if it never existed.  Quite strange!  Their shopping portal used to offer some serious cash back...but now I just use it for the 3% categories and patiently wait to cash out in $50 increments or get a deal on a gift card.  

The only way you can get a Visa Signature with actual credit reporting NPSL is to apply in branch.  Otherwise you can still apply for the Miles card...All their cards have the same rewards program except their insanely high WEMC, and its not worth it, whatsoever.  Funny all their card disclosures are there if you look, even the employee ones.  Even their employees and ultra rich clients pay something like 5.99% plus prime......

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.