Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any harm to CLI requests?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any harm to CLI requests?

Is there any harm to asking for CLI several times? I know its a SP. Is it even necessary to do it any more than once during a billing cycle? I've had them for a year and no CLI Smiley Sad    

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gibeon
Established Contributor

Re: Any harm to CLI requests?

Which Bank/Credit Card are you asking about?

If it's Capital One, they don't seem to care. I'm not sure about the others.

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 2 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

um..card/bank?

Would help to know who it is, so we can give you a pointer tip.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

realistically asking more than once a statement is quite pointless. yes some people get declined the CLI only to get one a day or two later but they would have gotten it next statement too. no point in pressing it daily. that's quite obsessive
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover and AMEX

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

discover will just mail you a denial and amex won't budge if you've been denied for at least 91 days.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I imagine if they have to send a denial letter every time they might take notice. If you're denied their is a reason given, until that reason is corrected I can't see the point in continuing to ask. If you ask me that sort of behavior reeks of desperation...something creditors don't like.
Message 7 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I imagine if they have to send a denial letter every time they might take notice. If you're denied their is a reason given, until that reason is corrected I can't see the point in continuing to ask. If you ask me that sort of behavior reeks of desperation...something creditors don't like.

This exactly. No reason to hit the button daily or weekly. You're just poking the bear and appearing desperate.

IMO once a billing cycle is enough, or whenever you've corrected whatever the problem is on the denial letter, which could take several months depending on what the reason is.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to wait 180 days for a CLI (or 90 days after you've been denied) for Amex. Discover is 90 days but YMMV.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.