cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any idea what GMEB- WalMart would approve me for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea what GMEB- WalMart would approve me for?

As the title says, income is 38k, and I have no baddies. Below FICO's are about a month old.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Re: Any idea what GMEB- WalMart would approve me for?

Honestly, it is next to impossible to even guess. Sometimes, what they approve a person for seems to be totally random.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 2 of 10
SCF
Valued Contributor

I think you should have no problem getting a card from GEMB about 3 months ago, and even today I'd give you very good odds, but like WannaHouse said, GEMB has been erring on the side of randomness lately.  If they won't approve you though, with those scores just take your business elsewhere to another major bank.
Message 3 of 10
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

I was just approved about a month ago with Gemb/Walmart card. Income 36k, and Fico's of 630, 629, 590. I received a $650 limit with a cash advance of $160.00. I never knew you could get a cash advance with a Walmart card. (Not like I'm going to use it or anything). For some reason Ge likes me i have received about four of their cards in the last 6 months. Anyway, I think your a shoe in if you apply. The limit on the other hand is anyone's guess.
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 4 of 10
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

I got approved 4 months ago with an EQ score of about 675 (they only pulled EQ) with a lot of baddies.  My CL was $900, which was more than I expected.  My income was $75k though.
Message 5 of 10
Ariel
Valued Member

Interesting.  GEMB must just hate me. I applied for the Walmart card a week ago and got approved for only a $300 CL.... scores in the high 600's, 6 figure income.  <shrug>  I do have a "Care Credit" and a Chevron card through them as well.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores in low to mid 600 (630-644) Applied about 3 weeks ago got instant approval for $400, have multiple baddies and a lot of inquiries, and like 5 recently opened accounts (in the last 6 mo). Called for a CLI at activiation, said need to be at current limit for 6 mo, then will qualify
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. I am waiting on chase for a CLI to $10k, if they deny me I will app for this for util lowering purposes(46% soon to be 26% after income tax).

If chase approves that CLI my util will be 21%.

Message 8 of 10
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

I went on an app spree with GEMB about 5 months ago. I got approved for JC Penny's 450, Gap 450, Old Navy 450, and WalMart Discover 2K.

They have been very good to me.

I have no recent baddies, but did file BK in 2004 released in 3/2005 and have an old Judgement from 2005.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 9 of 10
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

I applied for them in April and got a CL of 300. they pulled from TU and my score were in the 620 or 630 at that time. In september I hit the Request credit Line increase button in  the internet and received a 100 increase. In December 2nd. My christmas present from them. I received a letter in the mail that said that my CL has been decreased to 100.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.