cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas on Discover It pc to Miles card availability?

tag
acb5456
Regular Contributor

Any ideas on Discover It pc to Miles card availability?

Hey everyone,

Just curious if anyone has any inside info on when a PC from the It card to the Miles card from Discover will be available? I'm signed up to be informed when it's available, but just curious to see if anyone has any ideas other than the ambiguous statements I'm getting from Discover.

Thank you!

Chase Sapphire: $10,000 | Amex BCE: $15,000 | BofA Cash Rewards WMC: $15,000 | Discover IT: $15,000

FICO: TU-793 (Discover), EX-805 (Amex), EQ-790
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any ideas on Discover It pc to Miles card availability?

@acb5456 wrote:

Hey everyone,

Just curious if anyone has any inside info on when a PC from the It card to the Miles card from Discover will be available? I'm signed up to be informed when it's available, but just curious to see if anyone has any ideas other than the ambiguous statements I'm getting from Discover.

Thank you!

Last telephone contact with Discover said end of 2015. After I found out there was no 5% categories and no Discover Deals ...  lost my interest.

Message 2 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Spider15 wrote:

@acb5456 wrote:

Hey everyone,

Thank you!

Last telephone contact with Discover said end of 2015. After I found out there was no 5% categories and no Discover Deals ...  lost my interest.

Well, the big point of the card is the 3% first year.   So the question would be if, once you are able to PC, do you still get that, or is it viewed more like a sign up bonus and not available to those that PC (as you already got something with the It).

If you don't get that first year bonus, I see no reason to PC.   There are other cards that offer 1.5% or more, and, as above, the IT has 5% categories and better Discover Deals.   I might try to PC the other way once my first year is up in Feb.

Message 3 of 6
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

@acb5456 wrote:

Hey everyone,

Thank you!

Well, the big point of the card is the 3% first year.   So the question would be if, once you are able to PC, do you still get that, or is it viewed more like a sign up bonus and not available to those that PC (as you already got something with the It).

If you don't get that first year bonus, I see no reason to PC.   There are other cards that offer 1.5% or more, and, as above, the IT has 5% categories and better Discover Deals.   I might try to PC the other way once my first year is up in Feb.

I want that in-flight wifi credit!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

@acb5456 wrote:

Hey everyone,

Thank you!

Unlike many on this forum, I don't chase cards soley for the bonus options. Not my thing. So the 3% is nice if I was looking to only pursue the 3%. Already dropped nine cards as I do not have the spend to keep them alive.

Message 5 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Spider15 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

@acb5456 wrote:

Hey everyone,

Thank you!

Unlike many on this forum, I don't chase cards soley for the bonus options. Not my thing. So the 3% is nice if I was looking to only pursue the 3%. Already dropped nine cards as I do not have the spend to keep them alive.

Bonus is merely part of the total value.  So how do you choose cards?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.