Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas on how to get Continental President Plus Card

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Any ideas on how to get Continental President Plus Card

They stopped taking applications for this card in March of this year.  But I really love it as it is one of the few cards where you can earn EQM from purchases.  I think a max of 75k EQM with 350k spend.  I can easily do that by putting business expenses through and would love the help hitting 100k miles needed for elite status a year.  The card still exists and I would love any ideas on how to get an app in.  Some ideas I have:

1) Referral link from someone with card already?

2) Get copy of app and just send it in (anyone have copy?)

3) Call my Chase guys and beg/demand it.

4) Anyone have CS number for this card?  Call them and just ask to app.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Any ideas on how to get Continental President Plus Card

Probably not gonna happen since Continential's FF program was merged into United's Mileage Plus.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 11
Ron1
Super Contributor

United Explorer Plus is a good replacement. Here is the link:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPYoureIn40kAFW.aspx?v_ctrk=HOP2$0-1214-2614-1-1547&cell=PNN

Ron.

Message 3 of 11
FrugalRican
Blogger

You forgot #5, call up TannerK!

In all seriousness, the card was awesome before the switcheroo. If I were a high enough spender, it's a card I would have apped for.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 4 of 11
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Existing holders of the card still have benefits.  United card is worthless to me as I am only interested in the EQM benefit.

Message 5 of 11
Ron1
Super Contributor

NOTE: As of March 2012, new applications for the Continental Presidential Plus credit card are no longer being accepted with the completion of the United Airlines / Continental Airlines merger.

link:

http://milecards.com/182/continental-airlines-presidential-plus-mastercard/

Ron.

Message 6 of 11
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

NOTE: As of March 2012, new applications for the Continental Presidential Plus credit card are no longer being accepted with the completion of the United Airlines / Continental Airlines merger.

link:

http://milecards.com/182/continental-airlines-presidential-plus-mastercard/

Ron.

Yup...that whole card got nixed when they finished merging. Can't blame him for trying!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 7 of 11
FrugalRican
Blogger

I think he knows it got nixed, as per his first sentence in the OP.

I'm sure he's just asking for an application "loophole" with someone who has a grandfathered card or might by chance have an application that could be snuck in under the radar.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 8 of 11
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

I think he knows it got nixed, as per his first sentence in the OP.

I'm sure he's just asking for an application "loophole" with someone who has a grandfathered card or might by chance have an application that could be snuck in under the radar.

Yes FrugalRican understands me perfectly.

Was thinking about this ever since Bribo mentioned his GF had old Blue Cash and could send referral for that card to anyone since that old Blue Cash is also a no new app card.

Message 9 of 11
Ron1
Super Contributor

I google the Contiental Presidental Plus Card apply link and the link is redirected to new United Card.  Chase is not Amex.  I don't think they have any backdoor to get the old card.  You can call them to see if they let you to apply/keep for the card.

Ron.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.