Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any input towards a good Store Card?

tag
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

Any input towards a good Store Card?

I'm looking to add a new card, just the store name only, no Mastercard or Visa names on the card.

Any thoughts?

I do work at Best Buy and was thinking of the finance one (in store only) card, unless there are other suggestions? Smiley Happy
Message Edited by tullz85 on 04-16-2009 05:19 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Any input towards a good Charge Card?

You might want to go back and edit your thread title to say store card, instead of charge card. The term "charge card" has changed meaning, and it offers endless confusion.

I'm very happy with my Best Buy store card; also my Home Depot store card. Other favorites around here are Macy's/ Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, and Kohl's.

Be sure to check into the store behind the card, as this can affect your chances for approval, as well as your chances for future happiness. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I vote for Home Depot.  They are backed by Citi and gave me a generous CL.

I have my eye on hardwood floors...ready to get rid of the carpeting. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I'm happy with my Best Buy store card. I've had it for a year and a half and already at $3,700. I was initially approved for $1,300 and they've been giving me CLI's every 6 months.

My Macy's card isn't bad at all either. I've also had that account open for a year and a half and my current CL is $4,800 thanks to the massive $2,500 CLI they gave me during Christmas.

Message Edited by YoungEntrepeneur on 04-16-2009 06:15 PM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wherever you normally shop or love to shop.  You don't want to get stuck buying things you don't want or need just to keep your card active.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.