cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any limit to the number of times you can pay Discover in one month?

tag
fixingitohio
Contributor

Any limit to the number of times you can pay Discover in one month?

I currently have a Discover IT with a $1000 CL.

I'm getting in the hang of shifting spend around between several cards to get utilization reporting to my advantage, but need to travel for work during this statment period.  Obviously there are advantages to putting the rental car, etc on a CC vs. on a debit card but with airfare, etc it's going to max it pretty quickly.  Cash flow isn't too much of an issue and I'd like to take the 1% cash back on it also.

So, does anyone have any experience with Discover on how many times you can pay during the month?  Can I pay weekly?

I don't want to get in a situation where I was planning to do that and then get cut off at the least opportune time with too many payments during the month.

I saw where Discover is starting to do some 90 day CLI's in another thread, but that won't be until July 10 at the earliest.

Thanks for any insight.

Starting Score: 640 TU / 593 EQ / 596 EX (3/1/13)
Current Score: 695 TU / 725 EQ / 673 EX (11/7/13)
Goal Score: 720 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Any limit to the number of times you can pay Discover in one month?

I think you can pay as often as you like. They don't allow more than two payments originating at different bank accounts in on day. This is a good chance to use their 800 number and talk to their super customer service though, just  to be 100% sure.

Message 2 of 6
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

I just want to add that it does take about 2-3 business days for the payment to be processed. The available credit won't increase until the payment posts.

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 3 of 6
fixingitohio
Contributor

Thanks.  Objective was to pay it when it hit about 50% to keep the payment in the pipeline

Starting Score: 640 TU / 593 EQ / 596 EX (3/1/13)
Current Score: 695 TU / 725 EQ / 673 EX (11/7/13)
Goal Score: 720 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
bahbahd
Established Contributor

@Laugh wrote:

I just want to add that it does take about 2-3 business days for the payment to be processed. The available credit won't increase until the payment posts.

While it does take 2-3 days after selected payment date to post successfully, the post will be dated with the payment date selected. 

Message 5 of 6
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

I can make payments for the same day, and my available credit has always gone back up at midnight.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.