cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any lists of what scores type of cards require?

tag
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any lists of what scores type of cards require?

@Shogun wrote:

That particular site is specifically on the "not allowed" list due to the type of information they allow to be posted.  It has nothing to do with competition.  There are other forums that links are allowed to.

Where would one go to view said list?

Message 31 of 36
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

That particular site is specifically on the "not allowed" list due to the type of information they allow to be posted.  It has nothing to do with competition.  There are other forums that links are allowed to.

I meant competition with FICO (as in stuff FICO doesn't approve of) rather than competition with another forum, but since I don't know any specifics, that's fine.

I assume the position is "If we allow links we are endorsing, whereas allowing people to share via PM is between them"  Probably wouldn't fly as a war-crime defense, but maybe OK for this!

Message 32 of 36
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@bs6054 wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

I meant competition with FICO (as in stuff FICO doesn't approve of) rather than competition with another forum, but since I don't know any specifics, that's fine.

I assume the position is "If we allow links we are endorsing, whereas allowing people to share via PM is between them"  Probably wouldn't fly as a war-crime defense, but maybe OK for this!

It's not a singular case; we allow personal contact information to be shared via PM as well whereas it gets airstruck when posted in the public forums.

I don't know the specifics as to why some of the sites are blacklisted, and others are whitelisted as I wasn't around when those decisions were being made; however, it's what we have on the forums and a part of the moderator roles are to enforce this and other forum mandates (namely the TOS).

FWIW, similar to this happens on pretty much every forum that I've ever been a part of as a community member, or any that my place of employment has offered.

        
Message 33 of 36
android01
Valued Contributor

The link in question is in essence a credit repair site that FICO, by it's nature, is not affiliated with, and doesn't want to appear to endorse some of the questionably unethical methods used for credit repair and gaming the system.  Personally I have no problem with what I read on that site, but I understand that this is FICO's forum and they have rules on such topics, and I will respect them.  I suggest everyone else do the same.  

I would, however, make a suggestion to FICO to see if whatever software used for the FICO forums could support something similar to the "credit pulls" database already mentioned.  It is a valuable tool for responsibly researching new credit opportunities for those that wish to do so.   

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 34 of 36
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Nicely put android, I totally agree with you.  A database would be nice.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 35 of 36
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@android01 wrote:

The link in question is in essence a credit repair site that FICO, by it's nature, is not affiliated with, and doesn't want to appear to endorse some of the questionably unethical methods used for credit repair and gaming the system.  Personally I have no problem with what I read on that site, but I understand that this is FICO's forum and they have rules on such topics, and I will respect them.  I suggest everyone else do the same.  

I would, however, make a suggestion to FICO to see if whatever software used for the FICO forums could support something similar to the "credit pulls" database already mentioned.  It is a valuable tool for responsibly researching new credit opportunities for those that wish to do so.   

Yes, this is the reason that links to certain sites are not permitted. Thank you, android01, for explaining this so well. It has nothing to do with mods being "cranky." We don't make the rules, but we do enforce them.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.