cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any low FIXED Rate CCs you would recommend?

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: Any low FIXED Rate CCs you would recommend?

@baller4life wrote:
POI=Proof of income

Thanks for the helpful update baller!  I think the answer if they wanted POI is yes, b/c if I am recalling correctly, the CU did want a copy of my latest work paystub, and asked what was my total gross HHI, plus how long I had been at my current employer, and my monthly mortgage or rent payment amount, etc.  But other than that, pretty non-invasive; i.e., they didn't ask for tax returns or anything like that lol.

Message 21 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@galahad15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Premier America CU has a 7.5% fixed rate cc WITH rewards which is rare! Limits up to $50k!(thanks galahad15 for heads up on this gem)

Not only rewards, but no AF, no foreign transaction fee, no balance transfer fee, and a 10,000 point sign up bonus! Mind boggling. Haven't applied yet, but thinking about it hard.

https://www.premieramerica.com/loans/credit-cards

It also has really nice extra perks and benefits IMO, such as trip cancellation or delay insurance, lost or delayed luggage insurance, price protection, and others that can sometimes be hard to find all on one card  Smiley Happy  FYI as an additional data point and if you're looking for the lowest-available rate of 7.50% F, according to a CU rep I spoke with shortly before I apped for the card, people with EX FICO 8 scores of at least 730 can potentially qualify for the 7.50% rate.

Nice to know!  Thank you! Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 46
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been doing some shopping around for some good low fixed rate CCs that are not secured CCs.  Seems they have all but disappeared since the financial crises a few years back.

I have my eye on Unify's 8.99 Fixed Rate Visa Platinum, but was wondering if any of you use or know of cards lower than that.

Thanks!

Sorry, one other quick point I forgot to mention in my earlier posts, on the Unify Fixed-Rate VISA as low as 8.99% F, if you were potentially still interested in looking into that option:  I was told by the CU CSR I originally apped for the card with over  the phone that you need EX Score 2 FICOs of between 740-750, to qualify for the lowest rate from them.  Please note that Unify does not use Score 8 FICOs for people apping for their cards, they only use the EX Score 2 model. 

Message 23 of 46
baller4life
Super Contributor

Thanks for that tidbit galahad. Same score NASA provides monthly.
Message 24 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@galahad15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been doing some shopping around for some good low fixed rate CCs that are not secured CCs.  Seems they have all but disappeared since the financial crises a few years back.

I have my eye on Unify's 8.99 Fixed Rate Visa Platinum, but was wondering if any of you use or know of cards lower than that.

Thanks!

Sorry, one other quick point I forgot to mention in my earlier posts, on the Unify Fixed-Rate VISA as low as 8.99% F, if you were potentially still interested in looking into that option:  I was told by the CU CSR I originally apped for the card with over  the phone that you need EX Score 2 FICOs of between 740-750, to qualify for the lowest rate from them.  Please note that Unify does not use Score 8 FICOs for people apping for their cards, they only use the EX Score 2 model. 

Oh!, thank you so much for that bit of info! It helps me to know when to apply.  I do want the best rate so I have to get my score up more before I even think about app'ing for it. 

Very helpful!  Thank you! Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@galahad15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

Oh!, thank you so much for that bit of info! It helps me to know when to apply.  I do want the best rate so I have to get my score up more before I even think about app'ing for it. 

Whoo hoo!  I just checked and my EX Fico Score 2 is 745!  I have a bit more to go if they use Fico BankCard Score 2, but even that is 735!  So not too far to go. Happy. Happy! Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 46
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@galahad15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

Whoo hoo!  I just checked and my EX Fico Score 2 is 745!  I have a bit more to go if they use Fico BankCard Score 2, but even that is 735!  So not too far to go. Happy. Happy! Smiley Happy

Congrats & very happy for you on the excellent and outstanding score there!  Smiley Happy  As far as I am aware and to the best of my knowledge based on the info I received from the CU representative, she confirmed over the phone earlier to me that Unify pulls FICO Score 2 (i.e., the one that is sometimes used for mortgage lending purposes as well), but not the FICO BankCard Score 2  Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 46
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Oh -- one other important thing about Unify, the CU rep also said that apparently, you will need a minimum starting CL of $14k (ETA:  or maybe $11k; sorry can't recall the exact figure atm?) IIRC to qualify for their 8.99% F Platinum card, since they have 3 tiers:  Classic, Gold, and Platinum.  If you qualify for a starting limit of less than $14k, you automatically qualify instead for the Gold card, of which the lowest-available APR of that tier is 9.99% F.  Similarly, the lowest-available rate of their Classic card is 12.5% F.

ETA:  just to clarify and if I am hopefully remembering right, I think the min. starting CL for the Gold card is $5k, otherwise if your SL is less than $5k, you are automatically qualified for the Classic card instead of the Gold card.

Message 28 of 46
baller4life
Super Contributor

galahad can you do me a huge favor? Unify is a hot topic over in the Official Credit Union Guide in Applications. Would you please copy and paste the posts you have made in this thread about their cc? It would be extremely helpful to alot of our members. 😉
Message 29 of 46
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

By the way, i fixed the missing charts in my sticky thread.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.