cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any low FIXED Rate CCs you would recommend?

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: Any low FIXED Rate CCs you would recommend?

@baller4life wrote:
galahad can you do me a huge favor? Unify is a hot topic over in the Official Credit Union Guide in Applications. Would you please copy and paste the posts you have made in this thread about their cc? It would be extremely helpful to alot of our members. 😉

Sure thing, would be more than happy to arrange for you as requested baller  Smiley Happy  Please stand by and I will be sure to arrange ASAP.

Message 31 of 46
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Anyone in California should be able to join Bournes Employees Federal Credit Union via the California Consumer Council (promo code 'consumer' for free membership).

fixed rates start at 4.99% according to their web site

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 32 of 46
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Anyone in California should be able to join Bournes Employees Federal Credit Union via the California Consumer Council (promo code 'consumer' for free membership).

Wow that is amazing news, many thanks and much appreciation for that info themanwhocan!  Smiley Happy  I don't live in CA, but if I ever move there in the future, I'll definitely know who to bank with!

Message 33 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I barely was approved for the Bourns Employee Federal Credit Union but I have a fixed rate of 7.49%. I visited their branch once and it was pretty cozy.
Message 34 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@galahad15 wrote:

Oh -- one other important thing about Unify, the CU rep also said that apparently, you will need a minimum starting CL of $14k (ETA:  or maybe $11k; sorry can't recall the exact figure atm?) IIRC to qualify for their 8.99% F Platinum card, since they have 3 tiers:  Classic, Gold, and Platinum.  If you qualify for a starting limit of less than $14k, you automatically qualify instead for the Gold card, of which the lowest-available APR of that tier is 9.99% F.  Similarly, the lowest-available rate of their Classic card is 12.5% F.

ETA:  just to clarify and if I am hopefully remembering right, I think the min. starting CL for the Gold card is $5k, otherwise if your SL is less than $5k, you are automatically qualified for the Classic card instead of the Gold card.

Thank you.  I hope I qualify! It would be so nice to have atleast one low-fixed rate card in my portfolio.

Message 35 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@galahad15 wrote:

Oh -- one other important thing about Unify, the CU rep also said that apparently, you will need a minimum starting CL of $14k (ETA:  or maybe $11k; sorry can't recall the exact figure atm?) IIRC to qualify for their 8.99% F Platinum card, since they have 3 tiers:  Classic, Gold, and Platinum.  If you qualify for a starting limit of less than $14k, you automatically qualify instead for the Gold card, of which the lowest-available APR of that tier is 9.99% F.  Similarly, the lowest-available rate of their Classic card is 12.5% F.

ETA:  just to clarify and if I am hopefully remembering right, I think the min. starting CL for the Gold card is $5k, otherwise if your SL is less than $5k, you are automatically qualified for the Classic card instead of the Gold card.

Thank you.  I hope I qualify! It would be so nice to have atleast one low-fixed rate card in my portfolio

Message 36 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

If only I lived in Cali! Smiley Sad 

Message 37 of 46
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

My fixed rate card is the SSFCU Power Travel Rewards.  Purchase APR is currently 10.25 - 11.25% variable.  Balance transfer APR is 7.9% fixed.   I figure if I need a low/fixed rate card, I can use my reward cards, then BT the balance.  It has no BT, CA or FTF fees.   Of course, I would check other BT options.  It is just nice to have a known BT offer in my back pocket.   The PTR card has decent rewards 3.3% back for travel, gas and restaurants.

SSFCU pulls TU.  When I app'd they weren't thrilled with all of my new accounts (manual review), but did offer me the card. Min limit 5k.  They are a decent sized CU, but are geo limited to several cities across the SW.   I don't know of any back doors to join if you don't live in their service area.

Message 38 of 46
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@galahad15 wrote:

Thank you.  I hope I qualify! It would be so nice to have atleast one low-fixed rate card in my portfolio

Good luck & best wishes, if you end up deciding to app -- I for one am definitely rooting for you!!  Smiley Happy

Message 39 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

By the way, i fixed the missing charts in my sticky thread.

sorry buddy wasn't nagging! lol. but I do have your charts i my signature for a reason! lots of useful info even if it isn't updated to the minute!  also your pic beneath your username is also broken, just a fyi lol.  thank you for all that you do!

Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.