cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any luck getting orginal credit line back, with GEMB?

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Any luck getting orginal credit line back, with GEMB?

As some of you may know, after carrying a balance for many months i was finally able to make a large payment of 350 on my walmart card, (now i wish i hadnt),after that GEMB cut my credit line to 310, just enough to cover my balance of 308!

Has anyone had any luck getting original credit lines back, through back door numbers, etc?

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any luck getting orginal credit line back, with GEMB?

Not sure if GEMB will reinstate CL. I've had the same experience with both JCPenney and Walmart. Make a payment to get your balance away from CL then boom they lowered CL to just above remaining balance just like you mentioned. Good luck with this.
Message 2 of 4
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

I called them yesterday only to find out that i was tranferred to the customer service dept, the lady told me that i would  have to wait 4 months to request credit line increase. She said they are going through a review period of accounts to better determine their strategies!  I'll try calling an actual backdoor number next time! Ugh!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 3 of 4
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

Keep us posted if/when you try again.  I haven't bothered even though they've closed 2 of my accounts (0 balance) and cld my others. 

Just a sign of the times unfortunately.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.