Valued Contributor
Schoolbuskid

Any luck getting orginal credit line back, with GEMB?

As some of you may know, after carrying a balance for many months i was finally able to make a large payment of 350 on my walmart card, (now i wish i hadnt),after that GEMB cut my credit line to 310, just enough to cover my balance of 308!

Has anyone had any luck getting original credit lines back, through back door numbers, etc?

Regular Contributor
Chris_1970

Re: Any luck getting orginal credit line back, with GEMB?

Not sure if GEMB will reinstate CL. I've had the same experience with both JCPenney and Walmart. Make a payment to get your balance away from CL then boom they lowered CL to just above remaining balance just like you mentioned. Good luck with this.
Valued Contributor
Schoolbuskid

I called them yesterday only to find out that i was tranferred to the customer service dept, the lady told me that i would  have to wait 4 months to request credit line increase. She said they are going through a review period of accounts to better determine their strategies!  I'll try calling an actual backdoor number next time! Ugh!
Frequent Contributor
Trishco

Keep us posted if/when you try again.  I haven't bothered even though they've closed 2 of my accounts (0 balance) and cld my others. 

Just a sign of the times unfortunately.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+