Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any luck moving limits?

tag
907grown
Established Contributor

Any luck moving limits?

I got chase freedom, slate and csp all within a few weeks, wondering if anyone has had luck asking to move limits around.  I got the smallest limit on freedom which I will use most and largest on csp which I just wanted because limits are so high.... When I was approved it said if the limits aren't enough call us when the card comes..... Never seen that before. Anyone ever attempted to do this, and how did it work out?

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any luck moving limits?

Try it.
Message 2 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@907grown wrote:

I got chase freedom, slate and csp all within a few weeks, wondering if anyone has had luck asking to move limits around.  I got the smallest limit on freedom which I will use most and largest on csp which I just wanted because limits are so high.... When I was approved it said if the limits aren't enough call us when the card comes..... Never seen that before. Anyone ever attempted to do this, and how did it work out?

You can move CLs around to even things out based on your preferences.  You can send a SM or call them to see about reallocating them.  As far as requesting a CLI, it will be a HP and with no guarantee the CLI will be approved - YEMV.

Message 3 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@907grown wrote:

You can move CLs around to even things out based on your preferences.  You can send a SM or call them to see about reallocating them.  As far as requesting a CLI, it will be a HP and with no guarantee the CLI will be approved - YEMV.

RIght, that statement with the CSP is probably universal.  And just means nothing!  If you want more, ask, we will HP and maybe give you a CLI or not.   Basically, they give you the intended CL the first time, so getting more is a HP recon.

Message 4 of 9
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Will be a hp for another look at your CL and will probably be a denial. you can move limits anytime through SM

CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 9
907grown
Established Contributor

SM?

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 6 of 9
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@907grown wrote:

SM?

Secure Message in the chase website, within your online account.

Message 7 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@907grown wrote:

wondering if anyone has had luck asking to move limits around.

No luck needed.  You can reallocate with Chase as long as you're not trying to do so between business and personal.

Don't overlook prior threads as a resource:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=chase%20realloc...

Message 8 of 9
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Chase allows you to allocate your CLs as long as you're not trying to allocate from a business to a personal account or vice-versa. Also, you must be the account holder for both cards and can't be a joint account. If you call them, they can do it in under a minute. It is very simple and painless.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.