Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any luck switching offers with Chase?

tag
bfranklin825
Valued Member

Any luck switching offers with Chase?

I have had a Slate card for years and never really used it. Then I started chasing points and now I just got my 7th Chase card - the Southest Rapid Rewards card.

The story goes... my wife was flying home from Denver on Delta and there was a hiccup and she had to switch flights to Southwest. I quickly booked her a flight online and an offer came up for the Southwest card so I applied and was approved. I didn't think about it right then because I was in a hurry to book the flight before it filled up, but the offer that I applied through was NOT the 50,000 point offer that they have on their front page. It was some $100 statement credit and 10,000 points after $500 spend.

I would rather have the 50,000 points after $2000 spend, so I called Chase and asked them if I could swich offers. The Chase CSR didn't say either way if it was possible, but said he would send along the request to the "marketing department".

I was curious if anyone has had any luck switching offers with Chase like I am trying to do??

Thanks!

Starting Score: 667
Current Score: 719
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any luck switching offers with Chase?

I don't know about switching offers like that, but many people have had success getting Chase to match an offer that they missed. This doesn't sound like it would be too different. Good luck!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.