cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any non-business cards out there that have a grace period longer than 30 days, with no AF?

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Any non-business cards out there that have a grace period longer than 30 days, with no AF?

Does anyone know if there are currently any non-business, revolving credit cards out there that are open to new apps, that have a grace period longer than 30 days, also with no AF?  Obviously the Diners Club card is closed to new apps atm, and I am not interested in the Amex Plum card b/c it is both a business card and has an annual fee.  I think Advanta also used to offer a card product with a grace period longer than 30 days, but discontinued it some years ago?  I used to have a card like this with a 90-day grace period, until it was acquired by another bank and they eliminated that special feature, and I miss that dearly... (Also sorry if I may have already asked this question before on an earlier thread from quite a while back, just wanted to check again though here in case any new card products have come on the available credit card market since then?)

ETA:  corrected typos.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any non-business cards out there that have a grace period longer than 30 days, with no AF?

@galahad15 wrote:

Does anyone know idfthere are currently any non-business, revolving credit cards out there that are open to new apps, that have a grace period longer than 30 days, also with no AF?  Obviously the Diners Club card is closed to new apps atm, and I am not interested in the Amex Plum card b/c it is both a business card and has an annual fee.  I think Advanta also used to offer a card product with a grace period longer than 30 days, but discontinued it some years ago?  I used to have a card like this with a 90-day grace period, until it was acquired by another bank and they eliminated that special feature, and I miss that dearly... (Also sorry if I may have already asked this question before on an earlier thread from quite a while back, just wanted to check again though here in case any new card products have come on the available credit card market since then?)

I am not sure. How come you have two Citi DP's, are you planning on PCing them anytime soon?  Any APR reduction attempts?

Message 2 of 4
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: Any non-business cards out there that have a grace period longer than 30 days, with no AF?

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not sure. How come you have two Citi DP's, are you planning on PCing them anytime soon?  Any APR reduction attempts?

The Citi DPs were acquired in order to make use of the 12-15 mo. 0% promo BT rates, but beyond that, they unfortunately have little practical use,just b/c the interest rates are super-high as compared to most of my other open cards' APRs.  I have attempted to request APR reductions on most of my cards over the course of recent memory, but without any real luck -- the last time I successfully obtained an APR reduction was on my FNBO Maximum Rewards VISA, from 11.24% V to 10.99% V, in August 2012.

Message 3 of 4
galahad15
Valued Contributor

The main advantage btw of having say something like a 90-day grace period, for example, is that if you time your payments and payment amounts right, you can both carry a balance *and* pay nothing in interest, which is a rather unique feature that you don't see too much in terms of what CCCs offer...just some additional food for thought...

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.