cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any of you gotten Premium CC with 1 collection reporting?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: Any of you gotten Premium CC with 1 collection reporting?

@jamesdwi wrote:

App for Zync, its easy to get these days, people get just need 6 months history with a Credit card and a 640+.  Still haven't got a full Citi card yet, I have the homedepot card, app'd but denied for a full Citi card too much new credit. But shouldn't be a problem for you since you don't have any new credit. 

Great idea! You are helping me form my strategy.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 11 of 23
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Here is something else to consider. People are getting boned with $500 limits on Zync cards and regretting not to have gone for a green or gold where the fee is waived for the first year anyway AND you get full MR points.  Don't sell yourself short, I'm glad I didn't, but I almost did.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 12 of 23
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

Op neglected to mention he had several unpaid collections fall off including from Amex.  However I still think he should app to Amex to see if he is blacklisted.

I think subconsciously I'm trying to block it outSmiley Very Happy

Goal 750 Across

Message 13 of 23
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@FicoTron wrote:

Here is something else to consider. People are getting boned with $500 limits on Zync cards and regretting not to have gone for a green or gold where the fee is waived for the first year anyway AND you get full MR points.  Don't sell yourself short, I'm glad I didn't, but I almost did.

Ok, If I go all out how daring should a person be like me with a collection under my belt? Would the Amex Blue be nothing but a dream, or should I stick to only charge cards and no revolving cards with Amex?

Goal 750 Across

Message 14 of 23
FicoTron
Established Contributor

I wouldn't mess with a revolver at first.  Look, I was nearly in the same boat and decided to go Gold for 4 months then go for a revolver.  It depends on how much inquiries bother you.  They bother me, so I made sure I was comfortable with the decision assuming I was denied.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 15 of 23
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@FicoTron wrote:

I wouldn't mess with a revolver at first.  Look, I was nearly in the same boat and decided to go Gold for 4 months then go for a revolver.  It depends on how much inquiries bother you.  They bother me, so I made sure I was comfortable with the decision assuming I was denied.

Good stuff! Just getting back in the door with AMEX with the possibility of being backdated would be worth the risk of an inquirie.That would be a huge step up for my credit.

Goal 750 Across

Message 16 of 23
gettnthere
Established Contributor

MOUNTAIN,

Do your self a favor and do what CRASHEM and the rest are suggesting and app for the ZYNC. Your driving yourself crazy about the collection and whether you will be approved for cards or not. Go ahead and app for a couple of the cards too to see if your blacklisted or not. You can get advice on here all day long but the only sure way your going to know is by pulling the trigger. There have been plenty of people i know get approved for cards with more than 1 collection that was older. Just app and see where u stand

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 23
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:
MOUNTAIN,

Do your self a favor and do what CRASHEM and the rest are suggesting and app for the ZYNC. Your driving yourself crazy about the collection and whether you will be approved for cards or not. Go ahead and app for a couple of the cards too to see if your blacklisted or not. You can get advice on here all day long but the only sure way your going to know is by pulling the trigger. There have been plenty of people i know get approved for cards with more than 1 collection that was older. Just app and see where u stand

Thank you Gettnthere

Goal 750 Across

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a collection and a CO when I app'd for the Zync card.  I also CO's on an Amex Gold card back in 2004.  Granted I got the 500 limit with autopay, I don't really care.  I app'd to get the backdating and my foot back in the door with Amex.  I don't regret it at all. 

PS my EX was like 640

Message 19 of 23
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a collection and a CO when I app'd for the Zync card.  I also CO's on an Amex Gold card back in 2004.  Granted I got the 500 limit with autopay, I don't really care.  I app'd to get the backdating and my foot back in the door with Amex.  I don't regret it at all. 

PS my EX was like 640

jtc

Was your collection with AMEX paid off or unpaid?

Goal 750 Across

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.