cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one know who only pulls Equifax?

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Any one know who only pulls Equifax?

@rckstrscott wrote:

@aussiesareforever wrote:

In addition, once you place a fraud alert on one of the CB, the others are automatically notified and you will have a fraud alert on all three of them.You can't have a fraud alert on EQ and not on the other two. It was set up that way to protect individuals and make it a little easier so that you don't have to call all three CB.

I dont think this is completely true. I have had misc fraud alerts places on misc reports over the last couple years. I had a potential fraud account on just EQ, and I submitted the polic report to them and it was removed, and an extended fraud alert placed on my EQ --- And it is only on EQ.

I have tried to GW INQs before, and got fraud alerts on different reports at different times, never did they cross pollenate in my situation.

-scott

Nope. Fraud alert is universal. Once you place a fraud alert all other CRA will be notified.

Fraud alert does not stop hard pull, and WILL make applying credit a headache as lender will ask for proof of ID.

Message 21 of 26
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

I dont think this is completely true. I have had misc fraud alerts places on misc reports over the last couple years. I had a potential fraud account on just EQ, and I submitted the polic report to them and it was removed, and an extended fraud alert placed on my EQ --- And it is only on EQ.

I have tried to GW INQs before, and got fraud alerts on different reports at different times, never did they cross pollenate in my situation.

-scott

From the Equifax website found here  How it works:

Equifax works with the other two nationwide credit reporting agencies, Experian and TransUnion, so that when you request an alert through Equifax, your request is automatically sent to the other two agencies. Generally, the alert will be placed on your credit file with all three agencies within 48 hours.

From the TU website found here

Notes:
- Requires appropriate proof of identity and copy of the identity theft report
- Place with one CRC1; it will then notify the other 2 CRCs to place alert

From the EX website found here

You have the right to ask that nationwide consumer reporting agencies place "fraud alerts" in your file to let potential creditors and others know that you may be a victim of identity theft. A fraud alert can make it more difficult for someone to get credit in your name because it tells creditors to follow certain procedures to protect you. It also may delay your ability to obtain credit. You may place a fraud alert in your file by calling just one of the three nationwide consumer reporting agencies. As soon as that agency processes your fraud alert, it will notify the other two, which then also must place fraud alerts in your file.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 22 of 26
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Sorry for the jumbled posting but the laws have likely changed since you put a fraud alert on Scott. I've had to do this twice and each time, I got a letter from one CB saying that the other two had been notified.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Message 23 of 26
Crashem
Valued Contributor

As FYI, fraud alerts are different than security freeze.  However if you have misuse of your credit by others, you can get "permanent" fraud alert and free security freeze.  I think that is where some of the misconceptions come from.  I believe when I made original post, I mispoke as my wife had that issue and I had just finished handling that issue for her.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 24 of 26
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

As FYI, fraud alerts are different than security freeze.  However if you have misuse of your credit by others, you can get "permanent" fraud alert and free security freeze.  I think that is where some of the misconceptions come from.  I believe when I made original post, I mispoke as my wife had that issue and I had just finished handling that issue for her.

That is correct. If you are a victim of identity theft, you can get an extended fraud alert (valid for seven years) and free security freezes on your reports.

Message 25 of 26
PM67

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.