Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any other Charge Cards?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Any other Charge Cards?

American Express does not work for me anymore

Diners Club, you need 5 million in revenue to apply for the corporate card and the personal diners club is no longer taking applications.

I do have some cards that have the credit line to work for me IF I had to but Visa and Mastercard start declining the cards at terminal when you try to put large purchases on them, took me almost 45 min to get a charge to go through on Chase Southwest card... in the end it was approved but with amex I have never been declined at terminal AS LONG as I'm within my monthly spending. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Any other Charge Cards?

If you can get a new card you can ask them for high limit. Or you can start making the payments ahead of time and keep it in the spending limit for next 6 months until the economy turns around. Now a days no banks like to see heavy amount balances on the card. As a rule you might want to keep your out standing balance less than 50% and pay it off when it hits that limit and keep spending more. I dont think it is a good idea to carry lot of balance now a days on the accounts.
Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The problem is I need about $10-15k all at once and then another just 2-3k throughout the month. I need at least 2 weeks to pay back say 60% of the balance and then another couple weeks to pay the rest.

So yes for the throughout the month charges, I can plan those and make payments on the card to keep the balance down, but I can't change the big charges I need to make 1 a month.

So far despite my new AVERAGE balance limits, Amex still seems to be my best choice.

so despite my feelings about them cutting all the credit lines, I think I will begin to pay those 2 credit cards off so the only thing they will be looking at me for is the 2 charge cards and maybe will be a little more comfortable with my monthly charging. 

Message 3 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Looks to me you have cashflow or capital issue. Why not ask a Bank or CU to give you a $20K Line of crdit and use it as needed and keep your balances down. That way you can keep both your CC / LOC happy with consistent payments. If all fails you might want to consider borrowing from a friend or family $20K and keep the cash in the bank. With out that cushion of cash or savings you are heading for trouble.
Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'm a small business, 20k is hard to come by in an instant... I admit that would be ideal but it's just not possible and a credit line... are you kidding! lol

A credit line would be great, but they are practically impossible to come by right now, especially business and many people I know that did have credit lines just sitting there for emergency, the CL were slashed or the lines closed because of the bank winding back those types of things. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.