Did you mean: 

Any other Citi Dividend stragglers?

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Any other Citi Dividend stragglers?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Doesn't anyone use the shopping portal with their Dividend? I still find the card useful.

YMMV, but I don't find the shopping portal all that great compared with other portals out there.  If I'm shopping somewhere that happens to be in a 5% category (like, say HomeDepot.com when Home Improvement is at 5%), then maybe.  But otherwise I can get the same or better portal cash elsewhere, and be using a card that's giving me 2% or better instead of 1%.

Examples from places I shop online:

StoreCiti PortalOtherwise
BedBathBeyond2%5% DiscoverDeals/UPromise
BestBuy1%2% Splender
HomeDepot2%3% Splender/GoCashBack/SimplyBest
Kohls2%6% Ebates
Jet1%5% UPromise
LuckyVitaminn/a4% Splender
Newegg2%2% Splender
OfficeDepot2%5% Upromise
PetFoodDirectn/a8% BeFrugal
Pet360n/a10% MrRebates
Petco3%10% DiscoverDeals
PetSmart5%10% BeFrugal
Staples2%5% Upromise
Targetn/a5% SimplyBest
TigerDirectn/a2.4% iConsumer
Vitacost2%10% TopCashBack
VitaminShoppe5%9% SimplyBest
Wagn/a5% Upromise
Walmart2%5% UPromise/DiscoverDeals

And if you don't want to spread out your spending that much across several portals, you can always stick with one portal; several (UPromise, TopCashback, ShopAtHome, MrRebates, EBates, and BeFrugal) offer as good coverage as Citi's portal with overall better cashback than Citi's. One portal, TopCashBack, will even match any other portal's cashback, so if you stick with them, you can get at least what Citi's portal gives you and usually more, and use any credit card you like, so earn even more.

Chris. 

That's fine, and dandy, but the entire comparison list you've provided is zero shopping in my world. As I stated before "I still find it useful," in regards to city's offerings, and there are most assuredly others like myself. 

Message 41 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.