Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any other cards I can get?

tag
JayDilla
Valued Member

Any other cards I can get?

My credit is horrible. But am working on trying to get it higher. About a year ago when I realized I need to get it straightened out it was in the 400's. (transrisk) and fico. I have them up to 571. Am looking for cards I can get with easy approval. Below are the cards I currently have.

Applied Bank ($800 CL)

Capitol One Pre Paid ($250 CL)

First Premier Bank ($300 CL)

First Premier Bank ($200 CL)

Orchard Bank ($320 CL)

Walmart Card ($300 CL)

Fingerhut/WebBank ($1450)

BillMeLater ($250)

Starting Score: 452
Current Score: 563
Goal Score: 715

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Cageym
Established Contributor

Re: Any other cards I can get?

It looks to me like you have enough lines open, but I could be wrong. Are both of the First Premier cards secure or unsecure? I would probably consider asking if I could merge those, just to get a slightly higher limit card instead of the 2 lower ones. I'm not sure how much difference that would make. But really it takes time. How long have you been working at this?

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 2 of 17
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't get any more subprime cards. You need to garden and let you score go up. Otherwise you may get stuck with low limit cards once your score starts to improve. The only cards I might consider in your position would be a secured card from a major bank. Look for ones that report to all 3 CRA and have history of graduating to unsecure.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 3 of 17
JayDilla
Valued Member

the first premiers are unsecured

Message 4 of 17
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Garden and keep your utilization low then your scores will go higher in no time!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 5 of 17
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Work the Walmart one hard, make sure to PIF each month and it will grow with you

Message 6 of 17
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
I wouldn't get any more subprime cards. You need to garden and let you score go up. Otherwise you may get stuck with low limit cards once your score starts to improve. The only cards I might consider in your position would be a secured card from a major bank. Look for ones that report to all 3 CRA and have history of graduating to unsecure.

+1

Why would you need more cards ???? I mean you should work on your current card. Kepp them all utili under 9% paid them in full and let your account aged. Working on credit limit increase on your current card. Wait well until you hit a lil bit more than 650' score then apps.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

With your foot in with 2 Web Bank cards and a GE card don't get anything else right now... but with all these cards what is still on reports that are keeping your scores that low?

Message 8 of 17
JayDilla
Valued Member

I have a crap load of medical collections. Had major lung surgery 5 years ago with no insurance. Alot of those collections will start dropping off my report next year and 2014. And my utilizations are high. Funny went to go make a payment on my fingerhut account and seen that limit was just raised to 2k.

Message 9 of 17
JayDilla
Valued Member

Which card is a GE card?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.